Sign in to follow this  
pscraja

application start prevention

I have recently installed Emsisoft anti-malware and on booting I get an error message that a major problem prevents application start. It is also not included in the context menu. As advised in the error message, I had rebooted it more than once. Still I am getting the error message

I have attached the snapshot of the same. Can you please guide me to solve this problem?

pscraja

Thanks for the immediate reply postings. Feedback is given below:

To Stapp: 1. Even after the inclusion in exclusion list, there is no solution. EAM has never started for me since installing on 27th Aug 2011.

To H_D: 2. I had just downloaded a couple of days ago. EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup ver 5.1

could something be wrong in windows?

pscraja

Thanks for the info.

Can you uninstall EAM? If so, do that then completely disable KIS and reinstall EAM. Keep KIS disabled and see if EAM will start. Next re-enable KIS, ensure that KIS is configured to exclude EAM and that EAM is configured to exclude KIS, then reboot again and tell us what happens, please.

Thank you Moderator! Followed your instructions and the application is starting even with the KIS enabled.

But In the context menu, EAM doesn't appear and hence cannot do scanning specific folders. What is it due to? On an earlier occasion EAM was appearing in the context menu and it was very useful to quickly scan suspected folders. Thanking you.

pscraja.