Sign in to follow this  
queenslander

OAP and Avast free 6.0.1289

OAP keeps asking about Avast free, and won't remember the settings.

I'm not going to exclude Avast because that negates the Banking Mode facility (as per the "Known OA Issues" thread), and I want to keep that facility - it's a pretty important one.

Is anything being done to get OAP to remember settings?

Hi queenslander,

Perhaps you could try excluding only the virus database folders and see what happens. For Win XP , if I'm not wrong, the folders to exclude should be:

C:\Programmi\AVAST Software\Avast\defs

*don't forget to include also subfolders.

Cheers,

N.

When you enable Banking Mode, Online Armor will allow your computer to connect to only Trusted or Protected domains (including bank and/or financial institution websites) - any connections to sites that are not listed as trusted or protected (in Domains) are automatically blocked. I use both the Avast! and OA free versions so I cannot check by myself if it really works and blocks all the other connections, but a member of the Emsisoft Team will answer your questions very soon with more useful advices and details.

Cheers,

N.

Possibly, setting the parent program as an installer would allow Avast to do it's updates without bothering you with popups. I can't tell you what the parent program is without seeing a screenshot of one of the popups in question though.

I have only just noticed that my last post at the end on this thread disappeared.

I wrote that since starting the thread the issue had gone (just like toothache after you make an appointment to go to the dentist) and that I would bookmark this thread so I can follow the advice kindly given above, should it return in the future.

I also thanked the Nick and catprincess for their patience with my lack of tech savvy.

Here's hoping this post sticks.

You're welcome, queenslander. If in the future you will follow one of the above suggestions and it solve the issue, just let us know.

Cheers,

N.

You're welcome, queenslander. If in the future you will follow one of the above suggestions and it solve the issue, just let us know.

Cheers,

N.

Will do for sure Nick, follow-up is important imo.