lee94513

Can't upgrade to Version 6 Beta

I have a fully licensed version 5 and I am trying to upgrade to the new Beta version 6. When the download starts it will run for a few minutes and then give error messages that my version 5 files are corrupted and they cannot be uninstalled. I tried uninstalling from the control panel but have the same error messages. I downloaded the free version to try and overwrite the program but I still run into these uninstall error messages.

I've tried 3rd party uninstaller programs but I'm still unable to uninstall version 5 no matter what I do.

I'm using Windows 7 32 bit. The version 5 program is working correctly. Apparently, the uninstaller files are corrupted.

Any help would be appreciated.

A couple of things you could try perhaps.

Re-install the same paid version as you already have, over the top of what you have to see if it repairs the uninstaller.

or if that doesn't work boot into safe mode and see if will uninstall that way.

I tried to re-install the program but it won't do it. I get error messages saying that I have corrupted files, etc, etc.

After running a third party uninstaller program, I no longer have Emsisoft Anti-Malware showing in my add/remove programs list. Not sure what safe mode will do for me now that it doesn't show up!

Sounds like I have the same problem as lee94513.

I had installed EmsiSoft AntiMalware v6, took the one month trial, then at end when I was going to take the free version, it would not load and said, "file are corrupted." I then uninstalled with revo-uninstaller with intention of re-installing the free version of EmsiSoft AntiMalware v6, but now after in goes almost through the entire install, I get a message saying it cannot finish the install and I have no alternative but to "rollback" the install. EmsiSoft AntiMalware v6 is the best to find antimalware and get rid of it. I need it. Please help.

As I previously posted on 16 Sept 2011, I still am unable to upgrade to Version 6. I am unable to uninstall Version 5 apparently because the uninstaller is corrupted. Also, Emsisoft does not show in my list of programs to uninstall. I tried to overwrite the Version 5 program but it wouldn't allow that. I also deleted some regristry keys but that did not help either.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Hi lee94513,

It would be very helpful if you could post the results of the following little script:

http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/service_status.zip

Just download the file and unpack the service_status.bat to your Desktop. Then right click the file and select "Run as Administrator". Once the script is finished it will open Notepad with some diagnostic output. Just copy the output from there to your reply and post it here. Thanks :).

Fabian,

Here are the results from the batch file:

********************** a2util:

SERVICE_NAME: a2util

TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER

STATE : 4 RUNNING

(STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)

WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)

SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)

CHECKPOINT : 0x0

WAIT_HINT : 0x0

[sC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: a2util

TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER

START_TYPE : 1 SYSTEM_START

ERROR_CONTROL : 0 IGNORE

BINARY_PATH_NAME : \??\C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2util32.sys

LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :

TAG : 0

DISPLAY_NAME : a-squared Malware-IDS utility driver

DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_START_NAME :

********************** a2dda:

[sC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

[sC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

********************** a2injectiondriver:

SERVICE_NAME: a2injectiondriver

TYPE : 2 FILE_SYSTEM_DRIVER

SERVICE_NAME: a2injectiondriver

START_TYPE : 1 SYSTEM_START

ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL

BINARY_PATH_NAME : \??\C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2dix86.sys

LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : FSFilter Anti-Virus

DISPLAY_NAME : a2injectiondriver

DEPENDENCIES : FltMgr

SERVICE_START_NAME :

********************** a2antimalware:

SERVICE_NAME: a2antimalware

TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS

(STOPPABLE, PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)

SERVICE_NAME: a2antimalware

TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS

START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START

BINARY_PATH_NAME : "C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2service.exe"

DISPLAY_NAME : Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0 - Service

DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

********************** a2acc:

SERVICE_NAME: a2acc

SERVICE_NAME: a2acc

START_TYPE : 3 DEMAND_START

BINARY_PATH_NAME : \??\C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMSISOFT ANTI-MALWARE\a2accx86.sys

DISPLAY_NAME : a2acc

DEPENDENCIES : FltMgr

SERVICE_START_NAME :

********************** mamutu:

[sC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:

[sC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

Hi lee94513,

You still have remnants of previous installations on your system. Please follow these steps:

1. Please uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware as well as Mamutu using the shipped uninstaller if possible. The uninstaller can be found inside your Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Mamutu directory and is called "unins000.exe". Be sure to reboot if the uninstaller asks for it.
  2. After the uninstall is complete or in case the "unins000.exe" file is missing, download the Emsisoft Clean utility to your Desktop.
  3. Next run the EmsiClean.exe file on your desktop. It will either tell you that it could not find any traces of Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Mamutu on your system or greet you with a "Disclaimer" message. In the first case you are good to go and install Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0. If you got the "Disclaimer" message instead, please follow the rest of the instructions.
  4. Close the disclaimer by clicking "Ok". You will now see a list of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Mamutu remnants the tool found on your system. Go through the list and make sure that you don't have any important data in the folder locations listed there. If you do, please move the data to a different location.
  5. Make sure all entries are checked for removal and click the "Remove" button. Wait patiently until the "Uninstall complete!" message appears.
  6. Once the "Uninstall complete!" message appears, make sure all your currently open documents have been saved and click "Yes" to reboot your computer.
  7. After reboot you will find a report file (EmsiClean_DATE_TIME.txt) next to the EmsiClean.exe file on your Desktop. Please attach that report file to your next reply here. The file attachment options can be found after clicking the "More Reply Options" button.

If you have any further questions or encounter any problem following these steps please don't hesitate to ask.

Fabian,

I ran the EmsiClean file and rebooted and it removed everything. I was able to install Emsisoft 6 without a hitch and I was able to transfer my license key without a hitch.

Thank you for the excellent help. It's not often that we get real support from customer support.

I'm attaching the report file for your information. Question: Why is it that me and so many others do not have the unins000.exe file?

Thanks again for the excellent help!

I'm attaching the report file for your information. Question: Why is it that me and so many others do not have the unins000.exe file?

The most likely reason is that your actual Emsisoft Anti-Malware installation was already very old. While we are able to install new versions via online update, we are not able to update the uninstall information on your system that would be necessary to remove those new versions cleanly. If you installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware 4.0 for example and only used the update to switch to new releases, the uninstaller wouldn't know anything about the newly added components since version 4.0 and leaves them all behind when you uninstall. This would be fine if you would never uninstall. But the migration process from version 5.1 to 6.0 forced you to uninstall and therefore triggered the problem.