Sign in to follow this  
Anti

Google chrome updates everyday

What do you do to stop Google chrome updates noisily creating several pop-ups a day?

The problem appears to be that every daily installer seems to update the installer itself, so the next day it is untrusted.

BTW, this didn't happen on version 3.6.x

I also get a lot of Windows/Microsoft pop-ups for stuff that is part of the standard operating system.

The new version is generally much noisier with pop-ups than the older version I had.

That means the main reason for using OA has diminished somewhat.

Thanks.

lol... I just discarded one just now before I read your request.

I'll post a screenie next time I get one (ie. later on tonight or tomorrow).

Each time chrome updates, it uses a different executable in a different folder. The bolded text shows the part that changes each time:

C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Google\Update\Install\{541CB955-AF2C-4B3D-B68D-0E8B78A1C81B}\chrome_installer.exe

And the older folder with the older installer gets deleted.

I suppose I could make an exception for the Google install folder, but that isn't an ideal solution.

Also, it seems like I'm the only one experiencing this, which might be betraying a deeper, underlying problem with my OA install?

Also, it seems like I'm the only one experiencing this, which might be betraying a deeper, underlying problem with my OA install?

I don't think it's just you :) There have been a couple of threads previously about repeated popups for Google Update Setup. Usually in cases of repeated alerts for automatic program updates, setting the parent program as an installer will help, however if the parent program changes every time also, then that wouldn't work. Seeing an example of the popup will also help to get a clearer picture though.