Sign in to follow this  
dallas7

Domain Entries Learned For non-Bank Domains, Subnets

Online Armor 5.1.0.1331 trial; WinXPproSP3-32...

In Banking Mode when I use PayPal and my really-big-name national bank's online services I observe that Learn isn't necessary, nicely by design of course. As expected, I had to use Learn to build entries for my local nine-branch metropolitan credit union for the domain I added as Protected. It all works A-OK.

Just for grins, uh, to expand my knowledge, I added the domain (Protected) for that national bank and completed a Learn. I was surprised to see a Trusted fls.doubleclick.net. Experiment over, I have deleted the entries Learned for this bank.

1) Allow for this discussion only that I did not delete those entries, once in the Advanced Mode would fls.doubleclick.net now be Trusted for all domains?

Built for the local credit union is a Protected svrint-crl.verisign.com.

2) Should the credit union begin using another VeriSign subdomain (i.e. evint-crl.verisign.com), would that "break" Banking Mode for that credit union domain and require a re-Learn?

Thank you.

1) Allow for this discussion only that I did not delete those entries, once in the Advanced Mode would fls.doubleclick.net now be Trusted for all domains?

I don't know what you mean by "trusted for all domains". but if that domain is added during bank site learning, then it will remain there as trusted in the Domain's list unless you remove it.

Built for the local credit union is a Protected svrint-crl.verisign.com.

2) Should the credit union begin using another VeriSign subdomain (i.e. evint-crl.verisign.com), would that "break" Banking Mode for that credit union domain and require a re-Learn?

If that subdomain is necessary for your bank site to work, then yes, if it changes, you'd have to do a relearn so the new subdomain would be learned.

I don't know what you mean by "trusted for all domains".

From the Online Help it is my understanding that Domains is a component of the Web Shield. See the last sentence here:

-http://www.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/KF-Web.html-

While in banking mode and connected to "TheBank.com," having been previously Learned, the domain "whatever.com" built and Trusted during that Learn is obviously Trusted.

It is my assumption that once returned to Advanced Mode, when visiting "SomePlace.com" where "whatever.com" exists, "whatever.com" is Trusted. Correct?

Thank you.

If that subdomain is necessary for your bank site to work, then yes, if it changes, you'd have to do a relearn so the new subdomain would be learned.

Well, if it was put there by Learn it would be more than an assumption that it's necessary. When taking care of business while in Banking Mode, having to discover one's online banking session is broken as a result of Domains configuration would seem to be a drawback.

Not a big deal... I'd just have to forgo Banking Mode for that one small time financial institution.

Thank you!

While in banking mode and connected to "TheBank.com," having been previously Learned, the domain "whatever.com" built and Trusted during that Learn is obviously Trusted.

It is my assumption that once returned to Advanced Mode, when visiting "SomePlace.com" where "whatever.com" exists, "whatever.com" is Trusted. Correct?

Yes, that's correct though you can remove any domains if you don't feel they are relevant to your banking experience (Doubleclick for example).

Well, if it was put there by Learn it would be more than an assumption that it's necessary. When taking care of business while in Banking Mode, having to discover one's online banking session is broken as a result of Domains configuration would seem to be a drawback.

Not all domains that are learned are necessarily needed for your bank site to work (for example, Doubleclick). The Learn process simply learns all subdomains etc that are attached to the main domain you enter. As an example, if your bank links to a picture on another domain, that domain would be also be learned.

catprincess, do you ever sleep? ^_^

That goes a long way in helping me understand the Banking Mode.

I was planning on purchasing OA++ only for my new laptop in November, but I'm liking it so much and the support here and @emsisoft I'm buying a key for the OAP trial I'm running now. Saying goodbye to an old friend, Malware Defender, is tough. But I'll get over it.

Thanks for your tireless efforts.