Christian Mairoll

Official Online Armor ++ roadmap

OA++ is great. Why would I use OA and EAM together? A behavior blocker along with HIPS is not good at all. Will you eventually ditch the behavior blocker in favor of the built in HIPS in OA? I bought a 3 year license OA++ a few hours back but I wouldn't if I had read this thread.

For the record, Eicar test file isn't even detected by OA++ anymore. Is this intentional? How can I trust your words when the product can't even detect the most known test file available? Did you do something already? I feel kind of cheated.

It does seem like Emsisoft want's to dilute Online Armor Firewall to melt into EAM, I don't like way Emsisoft is handling Online Armor. After using Premium + EAM for awhile there is a lot of overlap compared with OA++

It would be possible to make OA++ an excellent product, But EAM is the precious baby of Emsisoft, they have to work it in some how, even if it degrades OA++.

As said in the old forums when Mike Nash owned OA "it will only go down hill after the sell". I love when I am right. People, excluding the Japanese strive toward "short term gains, and goals", maybe we should look the other way (what matters in the long run)?

• Upvote 1

OA++ is great. Why would I use OA and EAM together? A behavior blocker along with HIPS is not good at all. Will you eventually ditch the behavior blocker in favor of the built in HIPS in OA? I bought a 3 year license OA++ a few hours back but I wouldn't if I had read this thread.

For the record, Eicar test file isn't even detected by OA++ anymore. Is this intentional? How can I trust your words when the product can't even detect the most known test file available? Did you do something already? I feel kind of cheated.

If you think that OA++ does not detect eicar test file - please feel free to create a separate topic at http://support.emsisoft.com/forum/53-online-armor/

Please make sure to include all the information requested at http://support.emsisoft.com/forum-49/announcement-11-information-to-include-in-your-support-request/

Thank you in advance,

Just installed OA++, downloaded the Eicar test file and tried to run it. Result:

oaeicar.png

If it isn't detected for you, you may want to follow Andrey's suggestion and create a customer support request including the necessary system information.

Just installed OA++, downloaded the Eicar test file and tried to run it. Result:

oaeicar.png

If it isn't detected for you, you may want to follow Andrey's suggestion and create a customer support request including the necessary system information.

Thanks! Ticket filed. Of course, even if you were to notice a bug in this scenario, you won't fix it since OA++ is no longer supported... Will OA++ work on Windows 8? OA will, but will the AV-engine?

Will OA++ work on Windows 8? OA will, but will the AV-engine?

The AV engine works on Windows 8. Online Armor (including Online Armor Premium and Free) doesn't. We are already working on the necessary changes to support Windows 8 in Online Armor. Whether or not those changes will be backported to OA++ hasn't been decided yet.

The offical end of product lifecycle of the Online Armor ++ edition (only the ++ edition) will be December 31, 2012.

After that it's required to switch to Emsisoft Internet Security Pack (Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Online Armor Firewall) in order to get the same protection level as with Online Armor ++. Switching to the Internet Security Pack is free for all paid Online Armor ++ licenses. Just send us an email with your license key and ask for new license keys.

The offical end of product lifecycle of the Online Armor ++ edition (only the ++ edition) will be December 31, 2012.

After that it's required to switch to Emsisoft Internet Security Pack (Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Online Armor Firewall) in order to get the same protection level as with Online Armor ++. Switching to the Internet Security Pack is free for all paid Online Armor ++ licenses. Just send us an email with your license key and ask for new license keys.

I'm not sure which one is Online Armor ++ edition but i hope that it does not affect Emsisoft Online Armor Firewall (current version 5.5.0.1616) because i would like to keep my firewall, Antimalware and Antivirus apart and not to have everything in one product.

That;'s was mainly reason that i switched from PCtools firewall to Emsisoft firewall. Once company started to put everything in one product is for myself time to look for company who give us option to use only one product. So hopefully Emsisoft Online Armor Firewall will continue to be as it is one.