auxmemes

New version stopped all network access.

Went on holiday for 1 week with OA 5.0.0.1100 installed and working came back to rebooted system with no network access and X in network box. Restored to backup prior to holiday and worked fine with OA announcing new version downloaded - restart or later? Clicked restart and sytem restarted with no network access at all - no X in network box and OA asking for access by several programs which already had access. - clicked to allow access.. Stopped OA and network access ok. Firewall - Rules - Interfaces network card OK. Restored system and switched OA to manual update before new version downloaded. Please advise.

You could try a clean install of the latest version (you can download it from here http://www.emsisoft....tware/download/) and see if that works. I am not sure if you are installing OA on the same O/S you have listed in your profile (Vista x64), but if you are, it's worth noting that 64bit Vista isn't listed as being supported by OA and isn't tested on this O/S so it could be quite likely that it could cause problems for you.

I'll try a clean install. It's worth noting here (again) that I have an email and several posts in the Online Armor forums regarding Vista x64 and unless the support has since been retracted, OA supports Vista X64. I know, I asked before I bought in 18 months ago.

Peter

I'll try a clean install. It's worth noting here (again) that I have an email and several posts in the Online Armor forums regarding Vista x64 and unless the support has since been retracted, OA supports Vista X64. I know, I asked before I bought in 18 months ago.

Peter

Dear Peter,

OA has never supported Windows Vista x64.

I'd suggest to try a clean install. (please remember to reboot twice after uninstalling previous version so the drivers'd be properly removed).