pwlngs

Adding more than one file at a time to "trusted"

Hi guys I have a program called Centricity on my clients computer, since ive installed this firewall it seems to take a bit longer to load all the functions of it so I would like to add all the files it uses to trusted in the firewall settings, you can do this one at a time and it is a big pain, was wondering if there is a way I can shift select or even select a entire folder to be trusted by Online Armor?

Thanks Much

Caleb

Hi Caleb,

I'm not sure if this will help, but you can open the folder containing the files you want to trust and use the shift key to select the ones you want and then drag them into the Program's list. They will then of course arrange themselves alphabetically amongst the other programs, but you can use the "First Detected" column and sort in descending order to see all files you just added at the top of the list. Then you can just click and drag to select all the entries just added to the Program's list and trust them.

What is the difference between programs and firewall, ive added all the files for that program and it is still bugging my clients:/

also is there a way to export a trusted computer list?

thank you

caleb

Ok so I had to uninstall over 30 Online Armor's last night because they were locking up programs, I exported the rule listing and restored them to each computer but it acts like it never got the new rules restored, it still pops up even though I've clearly set a program to trusted, am I doing something wrong here or is there a preferred method for deploying Online Armor to a large group of computers?

What is the difference between programs and firewall, ive added all the files for that program and it is still bugging my clients:/

also is there a way to export a trusted computer list?

Trusting a program in the Program's list will automatically allow it internet access only if you have the "Automatically allow trusted programs to access the internet" and "Autoconfigure trusted programs" ticked under Options -> Firewall. The latter option is only necessary if you are using Advanced Mode, It may help if you could post a screenshot of one of the popups your clients is getting for this program as sometimes that can determine what the issue is and how to solve it :)

There isn't a way to export the trusted computer list directly. If you are using the paid version of OA, you can use Backup/Restore in the Options section to make a full backup of your settings and when restoring it, this should restore your trusted computer settings.

Ok so I had to uninstall over 30 Online Armor's last night because they were locking up programs, I exported the rule listing and restored them to each computer but it acts like it never got the new rules restored, it still pops up even though I've clearly set a program to trusted, am I doing something wrong here or is there a preferred method for deploying Online Armor to a large group of computers?

Do these computers have any other security programs running alongside OA? If so, you may find you need to exclude these programs in OA under Options -> Exclusions and to do the same in the other program for OA.