Emsisoft removed on update

Hello,

first download a new setupfile Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6 from http://download3.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe , install it and type in your license key during the setup process.

You can find this licensekey in the Emsisoft Customer Center on https://cc.emsisoft.com/en/licenses/ (choose "Manage Licenses" on the left).

If you have any more questions or problems, just let me know.

I just experienced the same problem. During removal of EAM5 an error popped up about A2Service.exe not being installed or recognised as a service, then the reboot request was made. After rebooting, EAM was not present. The EAM folder still exists in ..\Program Files but it only contains a quarantine folder and a scan report.

Am now going to follow Christian's advice, and D/L the installer.

[Edit]

Re-installation went like a dream. Recognised my license, imported my application settings - sweet :)

Usually the installation of version 6 should automatically start after reboot. We're currently investigating why it doesn't load on a few machines.

However, workaround as suggested is to download and install Anti-Malware 6 manually. It should then recognize all settings from the previous installation, including license settings.

Just ran the latest update - It didn't work !

Programme froze at 50% on a quick scan and 40% on a deep scan.

I had to uninstall the programme, clean my system and re-install the programme to get it to work.

This comment is just for information :-)

Thing is I've paid for the licence & being a Scotsman (downright mean) I want to get my money's worth !

The main issue why Emsisoft Anti-Malware checks for an already installed Mamutu version and simply refuses to install is the fact that there will be major complications if you try to run Emsisoft Anti-Malware alongside Mamutu. I can understand that you don't want to waste any of your paid Mamutu license time. So I would offer you to transfer your remaining Mamutu license time to your Emsisoft Anti-Malware license instead. If you agree just send me the email address you used to buy Mamutu via personal message :).