Sign in to follow this  
Pedro59

A question on changing Versions

I have a machine (XP SP3) running V 5.1.0.1331 which was loaded when a re-installation of the operating system was done.

I also have a WIN 7 machine running V 4.5.1.431

Having seen the above information I want to upgrade the Win 7 installation.

Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to uninstall V 4 and do a fresh installation of V 5

I have a machine (XP SP3) running V 5.1.0.1331 which was loaded when a re-installation of the operating system was done.

I also have a WIN 7 machine running V 4.5.1.431

Having seen the above information I want to upgrade the Win 7 installation.

Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to uninstall V 4 and do a fresh installation of V 5

Does your query have something to do with the changes to the Online Armor ++ roadmap? I'm not clear on this based on your post which only mentions different version numbers. If you can provide more details, someone will be able to help you better :)

My reading of the roadmap is that the older version of OA (V 4.5.1.431) is to be replaced by OA premium (V5.1.0.1331) in time.

I have 3 installed paid copies of OA and it seemed to be the best thing to have all installations running the same version.

I do not have OA ++ as I use an alternate anti-virus

Hope this clarifies my question

Seems to be a slight misunderstanding :) That thread about the roadmap has nothing to do with Online Armor Premium. It's only applicable to Online Armor ++ customers.

Having said that, it's always recommended that you use the latest version of OA. You can check for updates from the Status page in Online Armor, or you can download the new version from here http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/oa/ and perform an upgrade installation by running the installer (without uninstalling) and choosing "Upgrade install" when prompted.