Virus signature updates fail since automatic update to 5.1.1.1383

I am using OA++ and since the automatic update to 5.1.1.1383 all the virus signature updates have failed. The virus signature updates were always successful before this version update. The OA database and component updates have been successful, no problem with those.

Should the Virus updates be successful or is this a problem associated with the plan to discontinue the ++ version of OA?

Hi Cat, first post and first problem with OA since Tall Emu days :)

I was getting a pop-up from the task bar icon that the virus signature update had failed. A look in history since I posted shows that the first time OA++ tried to download virus updates after the upgrade to 5.1.1.1383 there was a 'Firewall:user decision' to block 'C:\Program Files (x86) Online Armor\A2\OArau.exe (?)' Don't know why that was blocked but it certainly wasn't blocked by user. A bug perhaps.

Anyway, I looked for the entry in the Firewall settings and it is listed as allowed, no sign of it not being allowed or blocked anywhere. I then right clicked the entry in 'Firewall>Rules>Programs and changed the setting to Block and closed the GUI, then opened the GUI again changed the setting back to Allow and it now updates as good as gold :huh: Probably not the correct way to solve the problem but it worked. If it happens again I will probably reinstall OA++ to get round it. Hopefully.

An off topic question, when OA was with Tall Emu I could use my OA++ license to activate OA premium - can this still be done?

Glad it's working now :)

An off topic question, when OA was with Tall Emu I could use my OA++ license to activate OA premium - can this still be done?

Even if you choose the Premium version from the installer, it will still say ++ in the GUI if you activated with a ++ key. As far as I remember, if you activate the Premium version with a ++ key, it will just download the AV components anyway when the server detects that you have a ++ license. If you want to change your license from ++ to Premium, you would be better off contacting Emsisoft directly and seeing if they can help :)