How to block 'Rootkit.Win32.Agent.Gen' ?

akm

I'd suggest you visit the "Help my PC is infected" section for assistance with making sure all malware is really gone. You can block malware with OA when it tries to run, by choosing "Block". I'm assuming that you must have allowed this malware to run at some point though (unless you are referring to an alert from your AV in which case this isn't really an OA related issue). Assuming it has run, blocking any parts of it that might show up in OA now, would not necessarily stop it - it could be deep in your system now, especially if it's a rootkit.

I'd suggest you visit the "Help my PC is infected" section for assistance with making sure all malware is really gone. You can block malware with OA when it tries to run, by choosing "Block". I'm assuming that you must have allowed this malware to run at some point though (unless you are referring to an alert from your AV in which case this isn't really an OA related issue). Assuming it has run, blocking any parts of it that might show up in OA now, would not necessarily stop it - it could be deep in your system now, especially if it's a rootkit.

**off topic**

I answered this post this morning with similar advice that catprincess gave.

My post is gone, must be forum pixies :)

Thank you for the info !

Will look at the link.