Updates Intevalls - advice/recommendations

Hi,

I need some advice. Do you think it's a bad idea to set the update interval to "every week" in OA Free?

I'm asking because this way I could easily avoid automatic software update to OA Free without my control but still get automatic updates to OASIS/Blacklist/Whitelist on a weekly basis.

[EDIT - Additional information]

I have both these options ticked:

- Automatically trust programs that Emsisoft deems trustworthy

- In addition, automatically trust programs signed with valid digital signatures

Regards,

N.

Thanks, Catprincess. Probably the best thing to do is to revert back to daily updates also in the machines that I only take care of and don't really use on a daily basis (i.e. parents' PCs).

Another question. Immediately after an automatic program update (software updates), will OA ask for a system-reboot in order to complete the update process also if it is password-protected and the GUI is still locked?

My humble opinions for all OA products:

I notice the OA Premium Components and Threat Database gets updated at least once a day so I set for every 6 hours. To my knowledge, the "Check for updates:" selections in Free are the same as in Premium.

As for OA++, Ikarus alone releases T3 signatures nearly every two hours (sometimes more) and Emsisoft is nearly as active with their A2 sigs. Which is just one of the many reasons why they're so good. So I set that to check updates every hour. FYI: the Ikarus product, Anti-Virus Utilities, default check interval is 20 minutes and can't be adjusted; overkill IMHO. :)

Cheers.