trujwin

Nero check permissions not registered

OA 1395.

Everytime on boot I get this Nero check alert , which I have always ticked trusted and allow. img (issue-1)

Clicking from the history record leads to NOWHERE In the programs.img (issue-2)

Also the apparent Nerocheck program resides as trusted and allowed in the program list.-img

Looking at your screenshot of the popup, it seems that the program is changing on each boot and OA is just alerting you to this and asking if you still want to allow it. You could try setting "NeroCheck.exe" as an "Installer" and see if that allows it to do this without bothering you on every boot.

As I had said earlier there seems to be a issue where OA does not lead to the correct program identity clicking from the History tab.

(images no 2 and 3 ) of my previous post.

You could try setting "NeroCheck.exe" as an "Installer" and see if that allows it to do this without bothering you on every boot.

Coming to your suggestion--. I had identified the Nero check program which seems to run at every boot.But I ma not able to get any menu choices on double clicking for that??? :o img-attached. Also right click>> file location leads to my documents folder which is improbable.

But the other Nero check (on the programs tab) on clicking I get the properties -img , also the file location is properly lead to.

Does OA report the second Nerocheck entry to be located in a different location to the first? Does setting the second Nerocheck entry as an installer stop the popup at every boot?

Hi,

Yesterday while boot and on OA prompt (Nerocheck) I BLOCKED it. And today on boot OA dedicatedly blocks it.Fine. Hence I believe it is Nerocheck which is changing itself .

The Auto-run however is not updated and shows as if OA is still allowing it. The program and History page show the correct detail.

Blocking a program from starting is not the same as blocking it from starting automatically.

Therefor, it's being blocked because it's blocked from starting, but the related autorun entry is still allowed.

Blocking a program from starting is not the same as blocking it from starting automatically.

Therefor, it's being blocked because it's blocked from starting, but the related autorun entry is still allowed.

That puts it in the correct perspective. :thumbs:.

If I block the program in Autoruns directly (having it allowed in the programs) , OA kills it SILENTLY without leaving a clue in the History Log. I thought might be in the future OA should add Autorun (block) actions too rather than only the change of preference.

The first place any person would go in case of a doubt is the history.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Yes, this can be confusing. I managed to work it out for myself, but my suggestion would be that the wording for Autoruns be changed to "Disabled" instead of "Blocked".

If I block the program in Autoruns directly (having it allowed in the programs) , OA kills it SILENTLY without leaving a clue in the History Log. I thought might be in the future OA should add Autorun (block) actions too rather than only the change of preference.

This is where the confusion comes in. I also believed the same thing, trujwin, however OA is not actually "killing" or even really "Blocking" the program at startup. Rather, when you choose to "Block" something from Autoruns, OA removes the information that tells Windows to run the program at startup. So, if you find the entry in the registry, then "Block" the autorun within OA, you will see that the registry entry disappears (and presumeably, OA backs up this information, in case you decide to put it back).

So you see, once you have chosen to block an autorun in OA, Windows doesn't even attempt to load the program at startup and so OA has nothing to "Block" (or report in the History).

Yes, this can be confusing. I managed to work it out for myself, but my suggestion would be that the wording for Autoruns be changed to "Disabled" instead of "Blocked".

This is where the confusion comes in. I also believed the same thing, trujwin, however OA is not actually "killing" or even really "Blocking" the program at startup. Rather, when you choose to "Block" something from Autoruns, OA removes the information that tells Windows to run the program at startup. So, if you find the entry in the registry, then "Block" the autorun within OA, you will see that the registry entry disappears (and presumeably, OA backs up this information, in case you decide to put it back).

So you see, once you have chosen to block an autorun in OA, Windows doesn't even attempt to load the program at startup and so OA has nothing to "Block" (or report in the History).

Hey man , thanks for bringing this up. Surely this fact was interesting regarding Auto run. I presume the logical error is what is leading to another bug which I report here. I have left it at that cos the priority of people at emsisoft is not known , and reminders seem to irritate them. Even active participation in the forums becomes boring , if you have unattended queries for quiet long without a clue of whether it is in the to do list or not.