erniemink

Is Emisoft Anti-Malware also a full anti-virus?

I have G-Data Anti-Virus which is supposed to be really good. But I see in your comparison tests side-by-side on your website that it got a 65 percent i believe and your program got an almost perfect 100. why is it that programs like super antispyware, and malwarebytes are considered anti-malware and not anti-virus? Windows will not see those as anti-virus and still say you need an anti-virus. i know malwarebytes is excellent and i have a full lifetime membership on that and superantispyware. But it is recommended to have a good firewall like yours which I have, an antivirus and more than one anti-malware in case one does not catch what the other would. I need a good expert from this company or similar personnel or user to respond with their insight and help in this matter. Because even though I buy programs, if there are those that best the ones I do have, then I would gladly remove those and upgrade to better ones even if I have to pay money again. My main concern is PC security and protection from ALL viruses, malware, spyware, etc etc. Thank you.

Short answer: YES

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a full antivirus package. Including 3 layers to stay protected from all types of malware: Surf protection to block known dangerous websites, file guard that scans all downloads and new files in realtime with the dualengine and a behavior blocker that monitors live the behavior of all active programs.

Why our product is called "Anti-Malware": Malware is the covering term for all types of viruses, trojans, bots, rootkits. It describes malicious software in general. Viruses are just 5% of total dangers today.

However, during the last years the name Anti-Malware became more and more a synonyme for specialized removal software that is limited to the hard to remove cases. Malwarebytes e.g. claims that it is a complementary tool to classic antivirus programs and therefore it can't be directly compared with Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

MalwareResearchGroup's test included real time protection. That means they tried to run a number of brand new viruses, trojans and rootkits and watched if the candidates were able to block them successfully. This is what Emsisoft Anti-Malware is specialized in and the test results confirm that.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to add, that it is in fact a VERY good AntiVirus, too. I have systems with other AV solutions, and it outperforms the others even in signature-based detection. If i get a detection I check it against all AV solutions in our network. It varies slightly from month to month, but overall EAM provides the strongest protection!

BTW: I am neither an Emsisoft employee, nor do I get paid by them... :lol: