mj2000

Large Update Size

Hi all.

I installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0.0.44 few weeks ago and then updated it. The update was a good smal siza, about 5 MB.

I didn t update it again and today i wanted to update.

It says that the last update has been 8 days ago. the signatures are shown as the number : 5,007,925

I wanted to update, but it was going to update about 85 Mb !!!

85 MB only for 8 days ?? Not any antivirus programs such as kaspersky update this amount !

Is this a known issu of emsisoft or i am doing somethig wrong with the program ?

You can avoid the full signature package download if you continously update your version at least every 3 days. Then it download just incremental small updates of less than 1 MB per day.

Incremental updates are only available for the last 50 updater intervals. If you miss more than 50, you have to download the full package again.

THanks for the info.

I consider this issu as a weakness of the product and hope in future versions to be resolved.

It is very possible, that for example due to a travel or some thing else, the product won t be updated for 3 days, and then to download this mch update !

Usually after 50 missed update intervals (1-2 weeks) the changes have the same size as the full database. So there is by design no fix for that issue. The E2 engine signatures use a complex file format and the data is changed frequently. I'm sorry to not have any better news to you.

Usually after 50 missed update intervals (1-2 weeks) the changes have the same size as the full database. So there is by design no fix for that issue. The E2 engine signatures use a complex file format and the data is changed frequently. I'm sorry to not have any better news to you.

Thanks for the info Emsi , I m an avast 7 internet security user atm .

(1 yr paid license 10 months left)

Just thinking to buy emsisoft internet security pack 1 yr license soon ,

coz this is an excellent piece of software :)

But unfortunately , I m also a slow net user and often

my modem reconnects interrupting the full Incremental update download ...

If EmsiSoft would keep in consideration a possibility to offer offline Incremental updates

or at least a resumable capability of the online Incremental updates download , that would solve the slow net user problems ...

Elvir

I have the same problem with the Whole signature database downloading every few days?-

I have interval set for every 2hrs (update causes Windows Live Mail POP3 to stop working/crash if open...! Every AV I've tried does the same, even if i wait 2min after update pop-up!- must be doing a quick scan..., & I have WLM folder whitelisted (scan un-checked)).

I assume that EAM must count every one hour interval as missed, and triggers a whole database update at 50?

It would be better if EAM would recognize longer intervals, and Not trigger Whole updates at 50!

It would be better if EAM would recognize longer intervals, and Not trigger Whole updates at 50!

The 50 updates limit is a limitation of the IKARUS AV engine. IKARUS is aware of the problem and they promised to address it in the future. Ultimately there is nothing we can do about it, though.