Sign in to follow this  
The_Preacher

6.0.0.46 causes strange behavior of the a2service.exe

Hi,

after todays update to V. 6.0.0.46 I had a service freeze upon the next definitions update.

Since then, opening the security status causes a2service.exe and sometimes a2start.exe to eat up all cpu time on one cpu. After a delay of about twenty seconds (on my personal system, core i7 950) the system runs fine again. Closing and reopening the security status has caused a doubled a2start process, one of them without visible window.

Afterwards I have tried a manual definitions update, and at the moment it seems to run fine again. But I'd bet I'm not the only one with such a problem after todays update.

Another thing I noticed upon tracking this freeze down: if an automated update starts and you have paused protection or disabled all guards, chances are very high, that a2service.exe freezes, and the EAM icon displays a fixed image with the green download arrow without animation. Restarting the service normally fixes this, but it sometimes collides with installers, because they can't continue after their threads are sometimes locked in hooks even with protection disabled. Maybe the update reinitilizes the hooks component for a moment and immediately disables it afterwards, so the freeze occours; who knows?

Regards,

Edited by The_Preacher

OK, checked again after a system restart. Opening the security center or starting a context menu scan always takes more than 20 seconds until the window is actually open. There must be something wrong with the new version...

OK, checked again after a system restart. Opening the security center or starting a context menu scan always takes more than 20 seconds until the window is actually open. There must be something wrong with the new version...

Hi) I also have these problems.slows down the opening other programs

Correction: nope, a2start still takes a lot of time before opening.

and We had reports that a2start takes a lot of CPU before the opening.

1391567392.jpg