Export Host Rules

steptoe

Please can we have an 'export hosts' option or at least an easier way to get access to 'my own hosts' than accessing the registry to export them, some users may be worried about using the registry, even the registry option that was suggested last time I asked didn't guarantee I could find the host listing which liked to disappear when I hunted for it (win7 64bit)

We have an 'import hosts' option, but if we can't also 'export hosts' as a text file how can we import them back again if/when windoze decides to throw a wobbly and have to reinstall from backup or worse yet another reinstall

All your custom host rules are now stored in a dedicated file called "a2user.dat" within your Emsisoft Anti-Malware directory. You can simply copy the file if you want to export the settings and move it back after you reinstall. The file is a plain text file as well with a quite easy to understand format. So you can easily edit it yourself if you wish. Just make sure to fully disable Emsisoft Anti-Malware first because otherwise it will prevent write access to any of its files.

• 4 months later...