Online Armor Blocked a Program - ?

Thank you - I wasn't sure if that''s what I should do or if the copy to clipboard would actually pick up the necessary information.

Just as a historical factor, earlier in the day I had installed Micro soft Office 2007 Suite . I had to uncheck the Program Guard during the procedure. This is a brand new computer - 64 bit. I have Windows 7. I am not sure sure that this is the issue but it might be.

After a successful installation, I tried to arrange Microsoft Word as the default instead of the pre installed system but have had some difficulty. I am still working on it.

When the Blocked Program from Online Armor appeared, I wondered if it could have something to do with the Microsoft Word installation. I went to the list of All Programs, clicked on Microsoft Word and did a Program Compatibility troubleshoot via the windows prompts that popped up. Results arrived at a screen that said I have an incompatible application (I think). I can't seem to duplicate this exact procedure so this is what I remember but it may have been slightly different. Don't know why I can't do that again.

I can open documents , save them to the library and print using this program - if it was blocked would I be able to perform those functions?

Here is the clipboard information:

MSIC6E6.tmp, 0.0.0.0, (0.0.0.0)

C:\Windows\Installer\MSIC6E6.tmp

Hash(MD5): 3D8F1F56616BEA9924717456223E1379

If this is a new computer and you have just been installing safe programs like Microsoft Office, it would seem likely that it's temporary file to do with installing that or perhaps a Windows Update. If you are worried, you can just block it without remembering the decision and choose what to do with it later if it tries to run again.

I am not certain which block to check . This is a large white screen unlike the ones that appeared as pop ups which had an orange color. At the top it asks "Online Armor has blocked one or more programs. Please decide if these programs should be allowed or blocked in the future." There is no place to check remember my decision on this screen. The options for checking are: Allow, Trust, Block, Delete, or Run Safer. I have just been letting it sit there and nothing seems amiss at this point. However, should I check the wrong block I will then have placed this issue at yet another layer of extraction for something I potentially need or jeopardized my system with a malevolent entity.

What would happen if I checked the Run Safer block?

Marcelle,

That screen is related to the Autoruns. If a program created an Autorun entry and the program is not set as Trusted in Online Armor Programs, the big screen will popup when the system starts.

See also Online Armor Web Help --> Autoruns

Edit

It's related to blocked programs, doesn't matter if they are started via an autostarter or not. If you trust those programs, just allow them and the answer will be remembered automatically.

Marcelle,

There are a few options to gather more information about the programs.

Rightclick on a program in the Programs list and choose "Show file information"

See also http://www1.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/Programs.html#context

If you're still unsure about some files, copy the file information (rightclick > copy to clipboard) and post the information in your next reply.

I did try to look for information but it did not have anything available. So I blocked it.

Now I think I blocked the Windows Installer and I think that Windows is going to uninstall from my computer in 4 days because I don't have the product key as it came pre loaded with this new computer that I just had set up less than 2 weeks ago. A screen came up asking me to enter the product key.

Would blocking one of these autoruns take Windows off my computer?

Everything is a high holy mess. I am sitting here in tears because I have NO CLUE what I did or what to do.

Cam someone please help me?

Thank you - I found it just in case. I have no idea why a screen popped up asking me to activate Windows within 4 days. It may not even be related to this issues.

Question: Another pop up entered with an option to .put to allow a program (a different one) in install mode. Is the Install Mode just for the program on that particular pop up?

Yes, if OA detects that a program is an installer you get the option to set that particular program as installer to avoid popups while the program is busy installing things.

About the blocked entries during Windows setup. I would check if there are any Microsoft updates available, and if there are updates available, put OA in learning mode during the installation of the updates.

Don't know if your Windows is activated. This is how you can check if it is: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-can-I-tell-if-Windows-7-is-activated

On most new machines with Windows installed, the user has to activate Windows.