online armor free repeat messages from autorun MS Word?

Hello Emsisoft,

firstly, thankyou for such a great product, I recently switched from Zone Alarm, and Online Armor free is light years ahead.

Ok - so I have noticed a repeat message that seems to be connected to Microsoft Word 7 Starter. After windows loads, or when Word is started, there are sometimes 10-30 popups from Online Armor stating "Autorun detected".

These keep popping up, and it does not matter if I allow, block or remember the decision - they keep popping up until I click through them all. I assume this means each time it runs, it changes itself a little bit which is prompting Online Armor to react everytime.

I am a little bit suspicious about the file, but I think it probably has to do with the compulsory advertising in Word 7 Starter. The only suspicious thing about the file is when I check it in the "autorun" tab of Online Armour, it states the file creation date is 30.12.1899 !!!

I have thoroughly checked the computer for malware (malwarebytes) and virus checked (avira), so I think all is ok on that front, but it is very difficult to start Word with online armor running, and I don't like to turn it off

I searched the forums and google and could not find anyone else with a similar problem and wondered if you had any ideas for how I can deal with it?

Please find attached below 2 examples from Online Armor free history of the autorun (there are sometimes 15 at a time of these).

I am running Win 7 Starter 32 bit, Online Armor Free 5.1.1.1395

thanks in advance for your help

Created: 01.12.2011 19:05:14

Summary: Autorun detected: xb'BVKx$A$!!!!!MKKSkClick2RunMSM>OO5hSGuIH?xoVn&wQ(Ex

Description: xb'BVKx$A$!!!!!MKKSkClick2RunMSM>OO5hSGuIH?xoVn&wQ(Ex

Event type: Autorun(10)

Event action: Allowed(2)

Created: 01.12.2011 19:05:14

Summary: Autorun detected: xb'BVKx$A$!!!!!MKKSkClick2RunMSM>OO5hSGuIH?xoVn&wQ(Ex

Description: xb'BVKx$A$!!!!!MKKSkClick2RunMSM>OO5hSGuIH?xoVn&wQ(Ex

Event type: Autorun(10)

Event action: Allowed(2)

Can you take a look in the Program's list and see if you can see any entries that look like they might be related to Microsoft Word and aren't yet trusted? If you see any, make sure to trust them all so the entries are green. If you still have trouble, it might help if you could post a screenshot of one of these popups for us to look at :)

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked the programs, and there was one outstanding which resembled the auto run - which was allowed, but not trusted.

I marked it as trusted, cranked up word and so far, no autorun messages.

Thankyou for your assistance, guess this was my rookie skills at online armor showing themselves.

Fingers crossed it doesnt resurface...