I can't remove the Trojan "Trojan.Generic.IS!IK

MarshallO

I am only computer semi-literate, and although I read some instructions in your old Forum, to another member, as to how to remove this particular Trojan (which A-squared Free isn't able to remove on its own), I simply don't understand them!

Can someone please help me to remove this Trojan in a manner that I can easily understand?

Thank you!

Hi MarshallO, and welcome to the new forum

Please do not(!) follow any instructions given to any user by Malware Fighter either in the old or this new forum

Every case is quite individual despite you can find "similarities".

Those could be very deceptive

Feel free to ask any questions regarding new instruction as below and you will get help and assistance

=======

Read the following instructions

START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread <--click

Prepare and post the required log files into this thread

Wait for reply from ShadowPuterDude, Katana, or JeanInMontana

for assistance and further instructions.

=======

Translation Links for Forum Instructions

My regards

Thanks, Lynx!

I've been at this for an hour-and-a-half, and am totally unable to figure-out how to attach the A-squared Free log! Every time I attempted to do so, I was given a message that I cannot attach such a file!

I may have to run the scan again in order to give you the A-squared log, since it's nearly midnight, but I need to know how to do attach the A-Squared Free log first, and would appreciate any help. I'm barely computer literate!

I hope that I've attached the other two required attachments correctly.

Since today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S., and I will be gone all day Friday, unless I get a reply today, I won't be able to reply again until Saturday the 28th.

Thank you for any and all help from anyone!

I've been at this for an hour-and-a-half, and am totally unable to figure-out how to attach the A-squared Free log! Every time I attempted to do so, I was given a message that I cannot attach such a file!...

MarshallO,

Please don't be frustrated.

There should not be any issues with attaching a-squared report.

When you have time and you are ready:

- update a2;

- run the Deep Scan;

- when finished - press <<Save Report>> button

- you will be presented by the standard "Save file report as..." dialogue;

- you can use the default name convention unless you want to save it under different name and into the different folder;

- when that was done the default text editor will be fired up (usually Notepad)

a2Savereport4MarshallO.jpg please don't pay attention to the "Quick Scan" I posted that's just an example

- you can use the saved file and attach at any convenient time

My regards

Lynx,

Thanks for your help!

I will run a deep scan now and will post the log in my next reply (I never saved earlier scan logs when updating A-squared Free, however, since those scans had never found anything of note). All sorts of strange things are happening to my computer after I apparently got this Trojan. Pages resize themselves, inappropriate pop-ups appear in my Email provider, grayed-out "desktop.ini" icons are appearing on my desktop (which I deleted, but perhaps I shouldn't--so I'm leaving them in in my Recycle bin), my defragmenting software doesn't defragment--and who knows what else! How much of this is do to the Trojan, and how much to something else or my ineptness, I don't know.

Thanks for your help. I'm starting the Deep Scan.

Well--I just ran another DEEP SCAN and NO Trojan was found once again! In the first Scan (which also contained some "low risk" cookies,) the Scan showed that the Trojan "Trojan.Generic.IS!IK" was contained in three separate files, and now it doesn't appear to exist anywhere on the computer at all!

What the . . . ? I did three Deep Scans, and the Trojan only appeared in the first one!

I'm not that familiar with computer terminology. Did I have what is known as a "False Positive" in my first Scan?

. . . or?

Anyway, here's my latest Deep Scan report (with the "low risk" cookies deleted after the second Scan). It's too bad that I didn't know how to display a Scan when that first one was showing that I had that scary "Trojan" listed along with those cookies!

Thank you for any help or explanation on this matter!

Hi MarshallO,

First, the malware fighter will review all log files attached

Indeed it would be better to post the report in the first place (always save it)

The name of the alleged infection says nothing.

The flaggings are not appearing because it was False Positive detection and the fix came with the update (most likely that was the reason)

Cookies are harmless and they never representing danger and threats. It's recommended to clean them before the big scans of any type.

There is no need to "fight" (quarantine/delete) cookies by using any security.

Please create new thread in the respective section if you have questions about investigating the matter.

In brief - you can submit items from the detection list in the 1st place

My regards