Hi Emsisoft,

I have recently installed the Emsisoft Internet Security Pack.

In the Anti-Malware tab I am trying to enable the File Guard

but each time I click "turn on" it shows File Guard:on for about

1 second and then reverts to File Guard:off.

How do I enable the File Guard?

I am also getting nagged by Kasperksy that it's firewall is off

so I was wondering if it's okay to have both Kasperksy and

Emsisoft firewalls on together?

Regards, Nick.

Hello cilaslexx.

The Emsisoft Internet Security Pack consists of the products Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Online Armor Firewall.

It represents the perfect alternative to classic Internet Security Suites because it protects your computer from Antivirus, Anti-Malware (EAM) and Firewall (OA).

Typically, it's not a good idea to run two different security products at the same time on the same machine because this would lead to conflicts.

I would advise to deinstall all the security software and testing Emsisoft Internet Security Pack when it is not disturbed from 3th party security software.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Rather than start up a new thread on the same subject I hope its OK to jump in

I have exactly the same problem as vilaslexx, I just purchased EAM, and FILE GUARD wont stay activated. It is off, and each time I click on it, it goes off again just as vilaslexx describes.

Is there some other setting that is blocking it??

Many thanks,

Chigwells

Hi Chigwells,

The problem usually appears because of some left overs from a previous Mamutu or Emsisoft Anti-Malware installation. It is quite easy to fix though:

1. Download the Emsisoft Clean utility.
  2. Run the Emsisoft Clean utility. Please read the following disclaimer carefully and click "Yes" in case you accept.
  3. You will see a list of found Emsisoft objects on your system. Please uncheck the little checkbox in front of each list entry.
  4. Once everything is unchecked enable the checkbox in front of "Emsisoft File Guard Driver Configuration" and "Emsisoft Injection Driver Configuration". The resulting list should look something like this:
    emsicleandriverconfigcl.png
  5. Once you made sure that only the two entries mentioned before are checked, please click the "Remove selected objects" button and perform a reboot as requested.

You should now be able to enable the file guard, behavior blocker as well as the surf protection as you used to :).