Hi Guys,

{XP Pro; SP3; EAM v6.0.0.52 beta}

I was performing Custom Scan of USB Stick. See attached settings screen.

All of a sudden EAM “jumped over” drive G:\ (partition on a second physical hard drive)

The scan eventually hanged (I posted into another thread),

but the question here - why would EAM even consider scanning another drive, when it’s not stated in Custom settings?

My regards

Because those locations could be included implicitly by one of the "Scan Objects" options. If an application is running from G: for example and you said EAM should scan processes the processes running from G: are included as well even if you didn't select it as a location to scan. Same is true for the Traces and Rootkit scan. So unless EAM suddenly switched to G: in the middle of an actual file/folder only scan (with all Scan Objects options disabled) everything is ok.

Thanks Fabian,

Sorry for the delayed answer

I know about scanning process (es), on a “different” drive. Say, I do have one usually running from D:\, but that triggers scanning just that executable from D:\ which is not included into the Custom Scan – not the whole D: drive

Additionally there are no processes running from G: (purely data partition)

As for Traces I was always sure that only Registry scan is involved. I’ve never noticed scanning files. Traces could be found whether associated files exist or not.

I don’t know details about Rootkit scan

Anyway, good news is -I re-tested the same Custom Scan with the new version (0.53 beta) and all possible combinations of the “Objects” options.

All went well without even touching, not saying scanning whole G: drive

My regards