Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro 1.6.x Ignore List for OAP

For my Win XP Pro SP3 x86 tower, I experience severe slow downs and failures of msi and zip unpacks after I upgraded to MBAM Pro 1.6 from 1.5 when Protection is enabled.

I've always had a Folder Category for C:\Program Files\Online Armor but I found it was necessary to add a File Category for C:\Program Files\Online Armor\OAsrv.exe in MBAM's Ignore List. Odd that both Catergory's are needed, but that's how I fixed it.

You path and needs might be different.

BTW, I've also always had an entry for C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ in OAP under the Exclusions tab in Options.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

dallas,

I read your post a while ago and it stayed in the back of my mind until I had a chance to draw upon it today.

I'd been having some issues (again) with oasrv.exe exhibiting high cpu usage which resulted in my fans making a racket.

When I reinstalled yesterday I was still not satisfied with how everything was going but today I decided to experiment a little.

Like you, I've always had the two programs excluded from each other at the "folder" level. Today I added the four running OA processes from the task manager as file exclusions within MBAM.

It may be wishful thinking and it's too early to say anything definitive but it "seems" to have had some positive effect.

We shall see as time goes on. (I am running XP Pro SP3 on a 17" desktop replacement.)