Can't complete a deep scan, EAM "not responding"

XonE32

Heya Emsisoft,

Merry holidays, Happy New Year and thanks for the xmas gift! 3 licences for 1! How did you guys know? Yup, I've been using EAM and OA for a while now on my XP desktop, but I bought my girlfriend a laptop for xmas and my licences were running out so... now we both have both proggies running. It's a Christmas miracle! ...sort of...

Unfortunately I know squat about laptops and even less about Windows 7 home premium x64 blah blah whatever it's called. But I do know that my EAM runs pretty much perfectly on my XP system. I have no issues when running a deep scan or any other type of scan. I've just finished setting her system up to the best of my abilities and when I go to manually run a deep scan for the first time, EAM locks up, feezes, etc. In other words the task manager reports Emsisoft Anti-Malware as not responding. I've tried a deep scan twice and it seems to lock up at the same spot.

I read Thankful's thread on the same topic so I know you guys require more system info. I'll attempt to get it all and add it to this thread shortly.

cheers XonE32

Does just the scan freeze or does the whole computer freeze up like in Thankful's case? Can you please check your EAM installation directory for ELF files? If there are any please send them to [email protected] Thanks :).

Sorry Fabian. In addition to my not knowing my way around Windows 7, my girlfriend's Wifi keeps dropping making it hard to post. It's not a system freeze. I can open other programs. Only EAM reports it's not responding in task manager. I've searched her laptop for both ELF and .elf (sorry didn't know if it was the name of a file or a file type) either way, there are none.

Now for the good news... I'm now two for two. In other words, since posting initially, I've started AND completed 2 seperate complete deep scans. I'm tempted to call the problem resolved, but not sure if I should go that far. I could also guess at what I did to 'resolve' the issue, but I'm not sure how much value that would have. keepin my fingers crossed... :)

Cheers

XonE32