Sign in to follow this  
DonnyD

Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Is the Emsisoft Anti-Malware licensed version the same as the Emergency Kit ? Meaning, is the Emergency Kit engine and database the same as Emsisoft Anti-Malware engine and database?

And if I have the licensed version of EAM do I need or should I use the E.K, or is it redundant?

this is something like "on-demand scanner" with no real-time support and check on the fly. Useful for checking but not preventing.So if you got a license - engine is same, But emergency kit has no "live" protectionfunction. Therefore you dont need Emergency kit - especially ya put it on your USB stick - even in case of emergency or help for other PC

The Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK) is not "something like on-demand." It is on-demand. Further, EEK doesn't care about licensing. It's a stand-alone application. While it uses the same Ikarus T3 engine used by Emsisoft Anti-Malware (EAM) version 6, EEK uses the version 5 Emsisoft engine.dll and not EAM's latest A2engine.dll. Databases are identical.

If you are using EAM, EEK is indeed redundant. While the latter is behind in the Emsisoft engine, it is my understanding on-demand detection is not compramised in any way.

Cheers.