xsp

Whitelist checkboxes

Hi,

New user here.

I've searched the help file and forums for more info about the checkboxes when adding an item to whitelist [Menu > Guard > File Guard > Manage Whitelist :: Scanner :: File Guard :: Beahivior Blocker] but could not find anything that answers my specific question.

When I add a file / folder / process / name, all the checkboxes are ticked by default.

A "ticked" state means what?

I can interpret this two ways.

1 - I've added a folder and by ticking the checkboxes I am telling Anti-Malware that I want it to prevent, or block, the program from scanning / file guarding / behavior blocking said folder.

2 - I've added a folder and by ticking the checkboxes I am telling Anti-Malware that I want it to allow the scanning / file guarding / behavior blocking of said folder.

Thank you.

1 - I've added a folder and by ticking the checkboxes I am telling Anti-Malware that I want it to prevent, or block, the program from scanning / file guarding / behavior blocking said folder.

2 - I've added a folder and by ticking the checkboxes I am telling Anti-Malware that I want it to allow the scanning / file guarding / behavior blocking of said folder.

It's the first. Essentially you select modules you want a certain object to be excluded from. So if you add a file for example and select only "Scanner", the file will no longer be found by on demand scans, but you will still get alerts about the file from the File Guard or the behavior blocker.

Excellent.

Thank you very much.

I understand that it might be an easy answer but, as my signature says, it's all subject to interpretation.

May I suggest that you add a note on this under the help file?

Again, thank you for this (amazingly rapid) answer.

Again, thank you for this (amazingly rapid) answer.

Emsisoft (Fabian Wosar) is sometimes even faster !

I once got an answer in 4 minutes...

another time it took 12 minutes, but then it was late in the evening, (after 9 PM !), and we are in the same time zone as far as i know....

I find the Whitelist Very confusing to use, and I also would like to see Detailed Instructions in Help...!-

i.e.- I Searched this forum for a long time, before I finally figured out how to get the Explorer Search by clicking in the empty "Item" box.

Then figured out what the checks do in this Topic...

Whitelist is Not user friendly!

• Upvote 1