Mamutu vs Anti-Malware free

Hi there,

Please can someone clarify to me what I have just done / what I am doing.

For some years I have had Win XP pro with Comodo free firewall, Avira Antivir, Emsisoft Anti-Malware Free, Sandboxie, SAS and MBam (both free versions, for weekly scans etc), with WinPatrol and SpywareBlaster. I have been very comfortable with this combo.

Just this month I got a new Win7 64bit system and have spent the past week or more getting to grips with it. It came pre-installed with McAfee Suite with two months worth of AV, and windows Defender. Towards the end of the trial I'm planning to move over to Comodo free firewall, with MS Security Essentials. And I was planning on sticking to Emsisoft Anti-Malware Free, Sandboxie, SAS and MBam

I just purchased Emsisoft Mamutu, thinking I was getting myself a further layer of protection (an improvement on WinPatrol and SpywareBlaster, I thought).

Now I am confused. When I went to install Mamutu, it told me to first uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware Free. I assumed I should then re-install it afterwards. However, it seems that Mamutu doesn't want me to.

In the past, whenever I went to download a file etc onto my hard drive, I would first scan it with Emsisoft Anti-Malware Free. Now it seems I am unable to do this since installing Mamutu.

Does this mean I should simply download files blindly, and assume Mamutu will check them out.

I was planning on using both levels of security, not replacing the one layer with the other.

I hope all this makes sense. Am I coming at Internet security from the wrong angle?

P.s. I have searched thru and read other entries in this forum around this subject, but haven't yet got an understanding of the issue.

Many thanks in advance for any advice and support.

Chigwells

I hope all this makes sense. Am I coming at Internet security from the wrong angle?

Since Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 you can no longer use Mamutu alongside Emsisoft Anti-Malware. You will either have to use the Emsisoft Emergency Kit for your scans, which doesn't make use of any service at all and requires no installation, or switch from Mamutu to the full version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware (which can be configured to only do behavior based real time protection like Mamutu). If the later is an option for you, I will gladly look into the possibility of converting your Mamutu license into an Emsisoft Anti-Malware license.