Backdoor.win32.Latinus!IK

Benny

Hello everyone,

I come here seeking your advice after I found the malware(?) mentioned in the title lurking on my computer. It was supposedly located in my Open Canvas file...which I went ahead and deleted; this leaves me with two questions:

1) What was this thing?

2) Should I have deleted it?

Am I still at risk from it? And if so, what do I do to kill off the threat? (More than two questions, then.).

Without logs, I can't even begin to tell you if you should have deleted the detection in question. Infection names are pretty useless when it comes to analysis. I need to see what was detected full patch and filename.

So far I have the scan report for A2 so I'll post that. I'll post the rest as soon as I have them. Sorry.

Sorry this took so long...

Got the needed logs now, the issue mentioned in the title appears to be no more after I deleted it...but I did suddenly get 56 tracking cookies (there were apparently 30 before, according to another anti-malware scan.).

Seeing as the malicious-looking object is now gone, does that mean that deleting the infected file got rid of the problem?

You did not provide all required log files

You should not run Win32Diag, since your a-squared report doesn't meet the conditions described in the instruction

You should not attempt to quarantine / delete anything as it's stated in the instruction

Cookies are harmless and they are never representing danger and threats

Those should be deleted by preliminary running CCleaner before the Deep Scan by a-squared

Attach HiJackFree & ISeeYouXP log files as per instruction

My regards

Your logs show no malware. The opencanvas.exe detection appears to be a False Positive.

Thank you so much, I've been so nervous about this :)

My sister has a question, I was wondering if you could answer it?

She wants to know if (since we are in a network) she is in any danger from getting malware that I get?

And also, did it do any harm at all from deleting opencanvas?