Unable to install anti-malware?

Here's my story. I HAD the free anti-malware on my computer. I could not get the newest up-date. I kept getting the message "...anti-malware /unins000.msg is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy...". I then tried to remove a squared & emisoft with windows and was unable to remove them using windows. I downloaded "REVO UNINSTALL". It "supposedly" removed all of the A squared and Emisoft programs (2). When I tried to re- download Emisoft anti-malware, I was told that I already had it on my computer and to contact support if that wasn't correct. Any one know what I did wrong?

• Upvote 1

We'll need some more information to assist you with this. Here are some steps for you to get us that info:

1. Download the Emsisoft Clean utility to your Desktop.
  2. After the download finishes, please run it.
  3. You will now either see a message indicating that no traces of an Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Mamutu installation could be found or you will see a "Disclaimer" message. In the first case don't continue further and just reply that no traces could be found. In the later case accept the "Disclaimer" message with a click on the "OK" button and continue further.
  4. You will now see a list of Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Mamutu objects the Emsisoft Clean utility found on your system. Do not click on "Remove". Instead simply close the utility at this point.
  5. After closing the Emsisoft Clean utility you will find a report file next to the EmsiClean.exe file. It is usually named like this "EmsiClean_2011.10.22_13.38.27.txt" but with the date and time of when you closed the utility. Please attach that file to your next reply so I can review it. You will find the file attachment options after clicking the "More Reply Options" button in the forum.
Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

OK, it should be safe to run the Emsisoft Clean utility again, and allow it to remove everything. Also, if there is nothing in the main program folder that you specifically want to keep, then you can select it for removal as well.

Did you just post something about downloading & running "OTL", & put a CODE in the box...??? Well, I did that, ran the Clean Utility and ended up with this...

Yes, but I deleted it in favor of allowing the Emsisoft Clean utility to do it instead.

Since you saw the OTL instructions first and followed them, go ahead and try to reinstall, and let me know if it works after that. Make sure to test the context menu scan (where you right-click on a file and select to scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware) after reinstalling.

What about the 3 things that were left over after the last Clean Utility run?

If they keep you from being able to reinstall, then running the Emsisoft Clean utility and selecting to remove the stuff should resolve the issue. ;)