purplebus

Online Armor is blocking Chrome browser silently

I have been using Online Armor without difficulty for some time. Also been using Mozilla Firefox as my browser.

I recently decided to try out the Google Chrome browser and successfully downloaded and installed that Browser.

However, as soon as I load the Chrome browser I get the screen with the words 'AW, Snap! which indicates that the browser has failed to get internet access.

If I close Online Armor, the Chrome browser functions correctly and I can access all websites.

So, the Chrome browser is obviously being blocked by Online Armor. I've looked at the various pages of Online Armor settings and I can see no mention of Chrome or anything like it. Further, I can't figure out how to change the settings to allow Chrome to get access to the internet.

So, what do I have to do to allow Google Chrome to function normally and to get access to the internet ??

My Online Armor version is 5.1.1.1395 and it is fully up-to-date.

Your assistance please.

Thanks for your reply. I've now downloaded and installed Online Armor 5.5

However, the situation hasn't changed - Chrome is still being blocked by Online Armor and there is no information of why in the pages of OA.

Any other ideas, please ?

I had similar experience with the 5.1.1.1395 version. When I would try to open new tab in Google Chrome it would take some time ( lag of 5 seconds usually ) so the new tab would open and load the website marked as home page. Hopefully this issue is solved with the latest version 5.5. But will still wait to see if this issue is solved to go back to OA again.

Ok, I have now 'solved' the problem.

I uninstalled Online Armor completely (including a good 'clear-out after the usual uninstall) and then did a clean install of OA.

I choose the option to allow OA to do a 'check' of my computer and it found a few programs that it queried - but not Chrome. That finished and after all that everything seems just fine, including that Google Chrome will open and function without problem.l

So, I've no idea what caused the initial problem, but it's solved with a clean install of Online Armor.

I had a similar issue. No "aw snap" but just blank pages, no webpages loading at all (blue browser screen). IE working fine. If I shut down OA, Chrome worked fine. All of a sudden, after using Chrome for months.

I put the path to Google Chrome executable (C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application) in OA's Exclusions (Under Configuration, Options, Exclusion tab). Everything was then fine. But later I was uncomfortable with that, in case something bad should implant itself in that folder. That might hobble OA's purpose.

So I got rid of the exclusion, put OA into Learning Mode, launched Chrome. Everything still fine. Took it out of Learning Mode. Still fine. Rebooted, launched Chrome, still fine. I'm using Chrome to post this right now. Everything now seems good again.