Sign in to follow this  
Nick

OA 5.5 Free: avgate.exe in main folder

Hello, after a clean install is it normal for OA Free 5.5.0.1543 to have avgate.exe (see attached pic) in the main program folder?

I'm quite sure it has been automatically downloaded with the Whitelist Signatures etc. a couple of days ago.

I've also checked my father's PC (same OS/security software) and that component is not present in the main program folder.

System Information:

Win XP Pro SP3 (Hardware DEP)

Avast! Free AV 6.0.1367 (Behaviour/Script Shield removed)

Online Armor Free 5.5.0.1543 (Web Shield disabled)

*Avast!/OA mutually excluded

HostMan/HostsServer 3.2.73 (MVPS HOSTS)

Norton DNS v2

That's completely normal. Online Armor will always install all files and updates necessary for all possible editions. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to switch from Free to ++ without a reinstall.

Thank you very much for your quick reply, Fabian.

I have not found that component in the main program folder of my father's PC so I decided to ask the forum, just to be sure.

My father is actually considering to switch to the premium version in the next weeks, by the way.

Regards

Online Armor ++ has reached its end of life. Version 5.5 will most likely be the last version that will support the ++ specific features. That is why you have been unable to purchase or renew any Online Armor ++ licenses for the last few months. For further information you may want to take a look here.