Sign in to follow this  
Nick

OA 5.5.0.1557: old cosmetic issue came back

Hello,

In the past versions there was a "purely cosmetic" issue in OA, at each boot two OA components were shown in the History: oahlp.exe and oaui.exe - just in case, you can see some old pics here: http://support.emsis...dpost__p__32832

When I did a clean install of OA 5.5.0.1543 the issue disappeared. However, yesterday after upgrading to the current OA 5.5.0.1557 build using the online update inside OA, the issue came back. That happened on both my parents' machine and mine.

So I decided to do a clean install of OA 5.5.0.1557 on my machine and the issue disappeared again (not sure if it's relevant but after the fresh install I run the online updater and OA downloaded oainj.exe).

Both machines have the same OS/security software. Do you think I should do a clean install of the 1557 build also on the machine where the issue is still present?

Regards

-------------------------

System Information:

Win XP Pro SP3 (Hardware DEP)

Avast! Free AV 6.0.1367 (Behaviour/Script Shield removed)

Online Armor Free 5.5.0.1557 (Web Shield disabled)

*Avast!/OA mutually excluded

HostMan/HostsServer 3.2.73 (MVPS HOSTS)

Norton DNS v2 (A-Security)

This has already been brought to the attention of the devs. Like you, I also noted that it seems to be when a clean install is not done.

However it is is a cosmetic issue and causes no problem whatsoever as to how the program works. I'm sure when the devs have some free time ( :) ) they will sort it, at the moment I guess it is pretty low on the priority list.

Thank you, stapp. I didn't know it was reported. I checked the forum before posting but I haven't found anything about it.

By the way, do you have any idea on why oainj.exe was downloaded only after I run the online updater and not during the clean install?