Nani

Update Bug - Learning Mode Always Shown in Bottom Toolbar

Since a clean install twice to OA Premium 5.5.0.1557, normally you can right click and put OA into Learning Mode then change it back to Advanced or what ever mode you want (I use Advanced).

However, since since the new version came out and a clean install was done, when I put OA into Learning Mode and it changed appropriately in the bottom toolbar, I went to change it back to Advanced via doing a right click on the bottom toolbar and it stayed in Learning Mode. I tried rebooting and doing a cold boot of the machine with no change. Upon opening the OA GUI > Options > General > Mode > it says the correct mode I am in (Advanced)...but it is incorrect in the bottom toolbar and indicates ALL the time that OA is in Learning Mode. This is a bug. I have uninstalled and reinstalled OA twice already with no resolution to the problem. Otherwise, OA is working correctly.

<snip> a right click on the bottom toolbar and it stayed in Learning Mode.<snip>

If I simply right click the OA toolbar, the pop-up menu comes up. It is from here that you can select what you want, or you can do it the longer way as described above in my original post under the OA GUI > Options > General > Mode (select the mode you want).

To make a long story short, the Learning Mode toolbar icon never changes no mater what mode you are in, even after doing a clean uninstall/install (and looking for remnants), and rebooting twice. I didn't have this problem until this last updated version. Other than this minor bug, all is working well.

What I meant was what happens if you click on learning mode in the right-click taskbar menu (as if you were just choosing to select it)

I ask because if I right-click on taskbar menu and click on learning mode.it goes into learning mode.

If I then right-click on taskbar menu and click on learning mode again, it turns learning mode off.

When I right click it from Learning Mode, it remains in Learning Mode on the bottom toolbar despite the trouble shooting I have done and the clean uninstalls/installs.

However when I go to OA GUI > Options > General > Mode after doing the right click from the bottom toolbar, it changes it...but it does not change the icon in the bottom toolbar so you "think" you are still in Learning Mode.

Learning mode is something you can enter whether you are in basic mode or advanced mode... it is a separate thing from them.

You cannot turn learning mode off by clicking on basic/advanced modes in the right-click toolbar options. You turn it off by clicking on it (either right or left click) in the taskbar right-click options menu.

I don't see it as a bug really because basic and advanced modes are methods that you choose to run the firewall in, learning mode is a way for the firewall to learn centain rules you wish the firewall to know about.

I understand what you are saying.  Regardless, I could NEVER get rid of my little butterfly wings off my icon in my toolbar no matter what mode I was in.

To resolve my problem on my own, I uninstalled, cleaned up all remnants, reinstalled an older version of OA, then upgraded and now the issue is resolved.