Sign in to follow this  
brianj

Application choices seem to be forgotten

I am running a trial of Online Armor 5.5, installed as part of the Internet Security Pack but I seem to be suffering from quite an annoying bug:

If I try to edit a python file with the Idle editor, OA pops up an orange-bordered warning saying that it cannot make a decision about a dll that is loaded by the application pythonw.exe. When I select the options to trust the application, remember my choice and allow the behaviour everything works and the editor starts up correctly. However, if I close the editor and re-open it I get the same orange warning for the same files and so it seems that the request to remember my choice is not being honoured.

Regards,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Can you please create a set of debug logs for this issue? Instructions on how create debug logs can be found here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3819-how-to-configure-online-armor-debug-logs/

Simply follow the steps to enable debug mode, reboot, reproduce the problem a few times and then send the resulting logs to [email protected] Don't forget to disable debug mode again after you gathered the logs.

Hmmm, I did as requested, enabled debugging, restarted and repeated the steps that were causing the problem but I can no longer reproduce them - the second time I tried to launch Idle it opened with no prompts from Online Armor. Just in case it made a difference I repeated with debugging disabled but still couldn't reproduce the original problem.

I will keep an eye on it but, for now, it is all working.

Regards,

Brian

We're glad to hear that it's working right for you now, however if the issue comes back then please go ahead and get those logs for us and our developers will be happy to take a look at them. ;)