PeZzy

Outlook 2010 Add-in Stopped Functioning

I've been using Outlook 2010 + Emsisoft Antimalware for many months without a problem. Today I suddenly got popups when starting up Outlook and now I have to disable the email scanner. This problem seems to have occurred after an update to the Antimalware as I didn't have a problem at first login. My outlook2010scanner.dll is dated Feb 21st.

Dear PeZzy,

thank you for using our support forum.

Please could you tell me which exact version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware (EAM) you are using at the moment ?

If you choose to download the latest beta update of EAM, is the problem still existing then ?

This morning EAM wouldn't run at all, there was a popup indicating a serious error. I uninstalled it but when I tried to reinstall I got this popup...

Please download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get me a log:

1. Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  2. Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  3. Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  4. A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

I saw the EmsiClean link on another post, so I already used it and deleted the items. Attached is the file. I was able to install version EAM 6.0.0.57, but it looks like I need to install the beta to get Outlook scanning.

Hello Pars,

Thank you for using our support forum.

Have you already tried to enable the beta updates in Emsisoft Anti-Malware ?

(You can do so by navigate to 'Configuration' -> tab 'Update Settings' in the main window of EAM)

I have this problem by Office 2010

I was able to solve my problem by completely uninstalling EAM, reinstalling and enabling beta updates.

Hello Pars,

Thank you for using our support forum.

Have you already tried to enable the beta updates in Emsisoft Anti-Malware ?

(You can do so by navigate to 'Configuration' -> tab 'Update Settings' in the main window of EAM)

Hello

Yes, I use 6.5.0.6

Hello Pars,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yesterday we have released a new beta version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware with some fixes for the Outlook Plugin.

May you want to try if the new beta version 6.5.0.7 can help you to fix the issue ?

Thanks for sharing your experience PeZzy!

I can't explain to myself why the fresh installation fixes the problem and the beta updates itself do not.

Although - Pars, if the new beta version won't work for you,

may you want to test if reinstalling EAM could help ?