Sign in to follow this  
sassman

EEK did not detect JPG.IframeRef!E2

I ran the EEK and did the Smart scan as directed. It took a while to run and it did NOT find the JPG.IframeRef!E2 problem!

I did get the Extra.note and OTL.note logs but not the EEK.log, because one was not made, I presume because the EEK did not find the problem.

I have Emsisoft 6.0.0.57 installed on my computer (Windows 7 - 64 bit) and when I run it, it finds the JPG.IframeRef!E2 and says it is a High risk. When I click on it, it takes me to Emsisoft's web site with instructions on how to remove JPG.IframeRef!E2 and all I have to do is buy Emsisoft Anti-Malware! I already have a license for EAM software and it exspires in 300 days - don't need to buy it again.

I have (2) questions:

1. Why did your EEK software not find the JPG.IframeRef!E2 during its long scan?

2. Why does my EEM software (6.0.0.57) not remove the JPG.IframeRef!E2 as the Emsisoft web site says it will do?

SASSMAN

Would it be possible for you to get us a log from the scan that detected this JPG.IframeRef!E2 infection?