acr

Mamutu needs restarted every night

Why do I need to restart Mamutu every night? It seems like these restarts are needed after every update. Other people I know who use Mamutu claim they do not have to restart. It is starting to be a pain. I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit.

Hello acr,

can you please try to add the Mamutu processes a2service.exe and Mamutu.exe or the program directoy "C:\Program Files\Mamutu\" to the exclusion list in your NOD32 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software?

Then please reboot your computer. The Mamutu restart notifications appears again?

I already had those programs' whole folders excluded but I will also add that those individual processes. BTW- how did you know I had Malwarebytes installed?

Automatic updates are enabled with Mamutu. I don't log off Windows every night. Normally I leave my computer running all the time (reboot maybe once every week or so) and only have to use my password to sign back into my admin account. I run admin all the time, if that makes any difference.

Hello acr,

ok and thank you for the test.

Please uninstall Emsisoft Mamutu in your windows control panel. Reboot computer.

Then please download our new cleaning utility from: http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/emsiclean.exe to your desktop.

Next run the EmsiClean.exe file on your desktop. Confirm the disclaimer. Then press "Close Emsisoft Clean". Now on your desktop there is a logfile "EmsiClean_Date_Time". Attach this file to the ticket please. Use the button "More Reply Options" (right below) to attach the file to your posting.

Hello acr,

please run the EmsiClean.exe again as Administrator. Rightclick the EmsiClean.exe and choose "Run as Administrator".

Now please check all entries in the removal tool. Then press "Remove Selected Objects". If they was removed reboot computer.

Now please install Mamutu again.

The restart alert issue occurs again?

FWIW, I have noticed ever since the 4/25 update (a2hooks, a2core, etc.) Mamutu insists upon a restart for every update including the plain old a2wl update. Thankfully it's just an application restart, not a system restart. I'm not concerned as it is for now just a minor annoyance and I soon plan on moving my OA++/Mamutu setup to EAM/OAP.

With that in mind, where is there more information about your "new cleaning utility"? Thank you.

Prior to the 4/25 update, Mamutu did not alert to restart for updates to a2wl and a2trust. I am merely connecting the dots and consider the "Mamutu needs restarted every night" behavior as a match to the near-daily a2wl update timeline.

As for emsiclean, a Help or readme file or Web page with a description and instructions. Your mention of "check all entries in the removal tool" implies your cleaner is somewhat more user involved than those of other developers (i.e. AVG, Malwarebytes). Targeted for one specific application, you run the cleanwhatever.exe and watch helplessly ^_^ as a bunch of CLI windows or dialogues fly by and your system restarts. I am just curious as to how yours works. Sorry for going off-topic.

Hello dallas7,

you will find a step by step description to remove parts of a Anti-Malware install with a screenshot from Fabian on posting:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/6775-file-guardoff/page__p__43521__hl__emsiclean__fromsearch__1#entry43521

But if you want only uninstall Mamutu or Anti-Malware please use the normal uninstaller first. Please use the cleaner only if something failed on the normal uninstall process.

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.