ExWoomera

how manually remove online armor mini ports from device manager?

after uninstalling OA i realized my network connection is lost and can see some OA mini port drives in device manager starting with the name of each network adapter followed by OA mini port in the names.

the driver detail button says "no driver files are required or have been loaded of this device".

when i right-click and press uninstall the page refresh's but its still there.

how can i remove these?

thanks

I will assume you are running Windows 7 x64 on the effected computer. Do you have any other security software installed? What version of Online Armor were you trying to remove?

Also, go ahead and try the following (these instructions assume Windows 7):

1. Click on the Start button (the one with the little Windows icon that says Start when you hold the mouse pointer over it).
  2. Type network connections into the search box at the bottom of the Start menu.
  3. Once the search results appear, click on View network connections (should be at the top of the list).
  4. Right click on your network adapter (the one your Internet connection normally goes through), and select Properties from the bottom of the menu that pops up.
  5. In the middle of the dialog that pops up there will be a list of components that Windows is using for your network connection. Look through the list for anything related to Online Armor, click on it to highlight it in blue, and then click the Uninstall button to remove it.
  6. Once you have uninstalled all of the Online Armor components from the list, click the OK button at the bottom.
  7. If there is an Online Armor network device on the Network Connections window, then follow the last three steps to remove any Online Armor components that are being used by it.
  8. Restart your computer, and check your Internet connection.