Sign in to follow this  
Baserk

uTorrent 3.1.2; DHT won't work on OA 5.5

Recommended Posts

Hi,

After updating to the most recent uTorrent version 3.1.2, all of a sudden DHT (Distributed Hash Table) won't work anymore.

There was no issue with the previous uTorrent version, all worked just fine.

After disabling OA temporarily and only using the Windows firewall, DHT works again just fine.

When restarting OA, some setting will kill off the DHT nodes but for the live of me, I can't figure out what it is.

What setting in OA do I need to change to be able to make use of DHT in uTorrent?

Regards, Baserk.

VistaSP2x86, OA 5.5.0.1557, uTorrent 3.1.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, uTorrent is Trusted in 'Programs', Allowed in 'Firewall/Programs' and ports under 'Firewall/Ports' are standard.

No idea why all of a sudden OA would block DHT with uTorrent v3.1.2

I've uninstalled uTorrent, removed all traces from Userx/Appdata, rebooted and reinstalled with Learning Mode but still no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Baserk,

can you please provide a full set of Online Armor debug logs?

To enable the log please read the description on http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3819-how-to-configure-online-armor-debug-logs/ .

Then please try again to use the µTorrent.

Then please attach the Logs sub-directory of the Online Armor directory (usally "C:\Program Files\Online Armor") to the topic.

You can zip the folder "Logs" and attach the zip file to this topic using the button "More Reply Options".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I encountered this problem when i upgraded uTorrent.. I read in discussion forums around the net that there have been issues with DHT with the new version.. I disabled the OA firewal and still had problems.. So I went back to an older version of utorrent (1.8.3) and have no problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Baserk,

can you please provide a full set of Online Armor debug logs?

...

Sorry Christian for not posting logs.

I've however unistalled uTorrent and installed Bittorrent 7.6.0.26823 which runs flawless, no issue with DHT.

I thought because with OA disabled and just MS FW uTorrent ran fine, it was OA Premium to blame but with the other recent torrent client there are no DHT issues, at all.

Afaic, not an OA issue but a uTorrent problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OA premium 5.5 with Emule and Utorrent.....solved very easily without wasting time creating rules and more..... :)

I have added Emule and utorrent in the "exclusions" menu of OA: ---->Option--->exclusion:then add the program path in pc and select the entire directory of program.

First, however, remove all rules created earlier by OA for Utorrent:including open ports.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.