alexanderG

STOP 0x8E BSOD --OA Premium ver5.5.1557

Hi,

Might have anybody experienced BSOD with OA Premium? I can install it okay but after 2 to 3 days when I boot to another OS (XP) I get a Stop 0x8E BSOD. That did not happen when I was using another firewall. In this particular pc the arrangement is a dual-boot Windows 7 x32 and XP Service Pack 3 and I use iReboot from NeoSmart Utilities. With another firewall the arrangement was okay. Only when I install OA Premium.

Now I am sure that my ram and har disk is okay as I tested it with MemTest86+ and HDD Tune and Western Digital Diagtools. The BSOD happens when I click to reboot to XP. My XP has a different configuration (Avast IS with firewall and MBAM). The Windows 7 x32 is with Avira Premium Security Suite version 10 and OA Premium.

Now I even tried using a clean system image without AV / firewall. Installed OA Premium and then Avira. Same issue appeared. As a result I went back to my previous combination for the Windows 7. Now I wanna use my license for OA Premium and I was not able to use it properly as I get this BSOD when I install OA so when I get that I go back to using my old combination.

Any ideas guys?

As of this writing I am using the old combination --without OA. I was not able to get hold of the minidump files as I reverted back using a system image.

What I may try to make it work?

Some ideas to make me use my license please...

Thank you.

Could you get us memory dumps from the BSOD crashes? Here is a link to an article from Microsoft on memory dumps in Windows XP. You may need to upload it to a service such as RapidShare due to the large size of memory dump files. Note that you can send me the link to download the dump file via a private message on our forums if you do not want to post it publicly.

Hello GT500,

I just installed OA Premium again in tandem with Avast IS ver7(no firewall) and went on to boot to XP using iReboot of NeoSmart technologies. I had the same Stop 0x08E. But now I have the details from Bluescreenview and the dumpfile that was created. Can I instead send that one via PM.

Previously after installation I clicked Start>Restart and went on to the boot sequence selection (as this was a dual-boot)and successfully booted to XP. So doin that there was no BSOD. I had iReboot prior OA Premium installation and was using it without any glitches so the OA installation must have triggered that or something to obtain a BSOD.

I also placed the F:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\iReboot in the exclusions list. Still have not tested if I will get the same Stop 8x08E when I use iReboot though....

Thank you :)

Alex

Hi GT500,

Thank you for the help.

Incidentally, the Bluescreenview data shows information about:

Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+40938

Stack Address 1 : ntkrnlpa.exe+4071a

Stack Address 2 : BTHidMgr.sys+226b

Stack Address 3 : BTHidMgr.sys+8a9

that BTHidMgr.sys is in relation to a bluetooth application I have BlueSoleil of IVT Corporation so I place F:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil together with the F:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\iReboot in the exclusions tab.

I used iReboot and booted to XP. There was no BSOD. Still observing though....

If that is the culprit or a part of the culprit...I wonder why the OA installation affected that because the previous firewall I used did not.

If that is the culprit or a part of the culprit...I wonder why the OA installation affected that because the previous firewall I used did not.

That's a good question. Hopefully our developers will be able to come up with something from that memory dump. I'll let you know what they tell me.

Hello alexanderG,

I've taken a look at the dump you sent, but there's no trace of OA drivers in it.

Could you please tell me how running OA on W7 can interfere with running it on XP ?

(I doubt it is, but it's not clear if you had performed 2 separate OA installations on both of the systems you have installed)

Hello alexanderG,

I've taken a look at the dump you sent, but there's no trace of OA drivers in it.

Could you please tell me how running OA on W7 can interfere with running it on XP ?

(I doubt it is, but it's not clear if you had performed 2 separate OA installations on both of the systems you have installed)

-- Well that was the dump that was identified when I came up from the BSOD (the one that was highlighted in an OA window asking me to send or something..). As to "...how running OA on W7 can interfere with running it on XP" I don't know or I can't understand what you mean there..got confused....

I did install OA on the W7 partition alone. The XP partition had Avast IS(complete with firewall). Like I said when I use iReboot to boot to the XP partition I get the BSOD which is specifically Stop 0x08E.

I use NeoSmart iReboot to dispose of going to select an OS everytime when I restart. Been using it without any problems with the former firewall. That IVT BlueSoleil has been with my system long before I used iReboot and OA. Using both IVT BlueSoleil and iReboot with the former firewall was not a problem. I even used Privatefirewall with that setup and there was no problem either.

Now I mentioned previously that I placed exclusions for both the identified driver by Bluescreenview (IVT BlueSolei driver)and the iReboot folder in the Program Files and doing that I don't have the BSOD. Removing both I get the same BSOD altogether again. It's been 3 days since I was using the exclusions and without it and the observation is the same.

The only installation (with that setup) was OA Premium and as observed I'd get the BSOD when I use iReboot to boot to the XP partition. When I dont use iReboot and restart>select OS> I do not get the BSOD. Did not have any problems with the setup prior OA Premium installation so I am keen that something in OA is triggering a reaction to iReboot or the IVT software to cause the BSOD.

I reverted using a system image I created with the former firewall with iReboot and the IVT software, booted to W7 and booted to the XP partition using iReboot and there is no BSOD. There was not anything new except OA Premium there.

It's kind of strange but hey, I am having this BSOD the reason I went here for help and assistance. I am not that techy but you will agree with me that from setup that was having "no issues" then you install something new and get an " new issue" that factor "is" a part or the "main" of that problem. I just do not understand how so I ask.