atomic245

On Browser open a suspicious connection is attempted ?

I have a problem when I start my Firefox Browser, Emsisoft Guard informs me that a suspicious connection attempt to www.mininova.com has been bocked, this happens everytime I open my browser.

How can I permanently stop this from happening or in other words how do I delete whatever is causing this to happen ? I have already re-set my Hosts file so I don't know how this connection attempt is being made,

Any help will be much apreciated.

Hello atomic245,

do you use the "Firefox mininova search plugin" (torrent search) in your firefox browser?

If yes you can create a hostrule to allow the connection to the host www.mininova.com.

Please open Emsisoft Anti-Malware Security Center on your computer, press Guard in the left menu and go to the tab Host Rules. Add the rules for the hosts (f.e. www.mininova.com) you want allow. Set "Implemented action" to "Don't block" and press "OK".

Also please read http://www.emsisoft.com/en/support/faq/?id=113 in our FAQ.

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.

Sorry Christian, I don't have the Plug in you mentioned, I don't want to allow this connection, as I said in my post I want to permanently stop this attempt at a connection , but I don't know what is causing the attempt in the first place.You seem to have misread my post :(

When I'm trying to find something (suspicious too...) on my entire PC-

I use a free Fast program called "Search Everything". It also finds Hidden Files without having to change the View option.

You can also Right click & delete system protected files (careful!) if you Right click, and Run As Administrator. I also whitelisted the Process everything.exe in EAM.

http://download.cnet...4-10890746.html

Tips!-

On install-

Go into Options..., and Don't Start with Windows.

Unload file when Not In Use (only takes a 4sec seconds to build a whole new file- 65gigs All my HD's).

Reboot

Hi Scottls1, not sure what this is in your post : I also whitelisted the Process everything.exe in EAM. ?

Unload file when Not In Use (only takes a 4sec seconds to build a whole new file- 65gigs All my HD's).

Reboot

or this:What does unload file mean, which file ?

Update: I typed Mininova in the search window, but it didn't list any file with that name, so I'm no wiser as to what is trying to open a connection to mininova.org ?

r u using torrent to download stuff......if u r using then Emsisoft pop this bcoz when i was using

µTorrent software then this pop appear..............and whenever i start a software then always emsisoft pop this ......so if u r using then this is normal

Hello,

the website www.Lippstadt-live.de does not refer to the host www.mininova.com.

You are sure you have no Add-ons or toolbars included in your firefox?

Yes I am sure that I don't have addons or toolbars for Mininova.org

Atomic 245:

Hi Scottls1, not sure what this is in your post :

Re: I also whitelisted the Process everything.exe in EAM. ?

Whitelisting is where you tell EAM (Emsisoft Anti-Malware) to Allow ALL actions for a program...-

My other AV's (Anti-Virus) freaked... when Search Everything tried to delete a file...! :o

It is Very confusing to Whitelist as there is nothing in Help? explaining how to use it??? :wacko:

Open EAM/ Guard/File Guard/ Manage Whitelist-

click in File Box, Click on Folder (down arrow), click in blank Item box to the right (will open an Explorer button), browse to C: /Program Files/click on Everything folder/OK, now un-tick Scanner (so it gets scanned on your normal virus scan),OK, Exit EAM (no reboot is necessary). Done & EAM will Allow everything in the Everything folder!

Re:

Open Search Everything/Tools/Options- Now set your Options like this-

Reboot

a.k.a. Restart- Most programs aren't Fully... installed until after a reboot (2 reboots for "3d party firewalls" (I've given up on them, and rely on daily AV scans...))!

Re:

or this:What does unload file mean, which file ?

The Huge Everything Search file (no need to keep it constantly auto-updating in the background!).

Update: I typed Mininova in the search window, but it didn't list any file with that name, so I'm no wiser as to what is trying to open a connection to mininova.org ?

Looks like you May have a virus...?- The EAM team is Very Good at finding malware that is not yet in their data base!

Please come back & let us know what they find