mundial

Is autorun pop up suppression possible?

this becomes a pain while installing MS updates. Ther are trusted. But still a zillion autoruns pop up one after the other even after selecting remember my decision. Is there any way to suppress the pop ups?

Thanks

I'm an user like you, I turn on Learning Mode each time I install MS updates. Then I reboot the system once before turning Learning Mode off.

That way I can suppress any pop-ups.

Regards

• Upvote 1

I'm an user like you, I turn on Learning Mode each time I install MS updates. Then I reboot the system once before turning Learning Mode off.

That way I can suppress any pop-ups.

Regards

Thanks for saving my hand! My only doubt is whether it is safe to do so. Since learning mode involves rule creations, I wouldn't fancy a rogue. I know they are MS Updates, but you never know! So do you first check the digital signatures of the updates and then allow them to install in learning mode? Of course you have to download the updates manually for that.

Thanks for saving my hand! My only doubt is whether it is safe to do so. Since learning mode involves rule creations, I wouldn't fancy a rogue. I know they are MS Updates, but you never know! So do you first check the digital signatures of the updates and then allow them to install in learning mode? Of course you have to download the updates manually for that.

if you use "windows update" then of course you get "the original"....

it must be safe to install.

how do you mean that you could get a "rogue" from Microsoft ???

and i agree, those multiple pop-ups are VERY annoying, personaly i turn off "program shield" when i install software...

So do you first check the digital signatures of the updates and then allow them to install in learning mode? Of course you have to download the updates manually for that.

Honestly, I just turn on Learning Mode and use Windows Update via IE. Once the update process is completed, after the system reboot, I turn off LM and quickly check OA's History to see what happened.

However, before enabling OA's Learning Mode - regardless of the circumstances - it is extremely important that you are completely sure that your system is free from any malware.

I hope this might be helpful to you.

Edited by Nick