Question about Whitelisting a Folder/Process, and Scanner...?

1. If I Whitelist a trusted program Folder- does it also automatically exclude All the processes within, or do I also have to exclude the Process .exe's?

i.e. see sandboxie...

2. If I untick Scanner does this mean the folder/process gets scanned during my Regular daily scans, or Realtime scans, or...?

Dear scottls1,

Thank you for posting this topic.

ad 1)

If you exclude a folder everything within the folder (and also sub-folders) are excluded

ad 2)

If you would untick 'Scanner' the objects and subfolders in this folders will be not(!) excluded from the scanner at all.

So if you leave 'File Guard' and 'Behavior Blocker' ticked and just unstick 'Scanner' - the Guard and Blocker will not act on the folder but the folder will be scanned.

I hope I was able to clarify with my answers!

Thank you for the reply.

From what you say it looks like I may be duplicating by whitelisting both the Folder & Process?

Q?- If so, should I Remove Process that I have Folder already whitelisted from the Aplication Rules, or the Whitelist, or...? :unsure:

How/where do you exclude a folder in A-M?.

I have no trouble finding 'exclude folder' in my OA, I love how easy it is to find/do their. but I'm giving A-M another try, version 6, & again I cant figure out how/where to exclude a folder from A-M for some reason? LOL!.

Thanks.

How/where do you exclude a folder in A-M?.

I have no trouble finding 'exclude folder' in my OA, I love how easy it is to find/do their. but I'm giving A-M another try, version 6, & again I cant figure out how/where to exclude a folder from A-M for some reason? LOL!.

Thanks.

Hello RMc:

I just explained how to whitelist here (near bottom, but read all my posts & see my screenshots...- http://support.emsis...n-is-attempted/

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the reply.

From what you say it looks like I may be duplicating by whitelisting both the Folder & Process?

Q?- If so, should I Remove Process that I have Folder already whitelisted from the Aplication Rules, or the Whitelist, or...? :unsure:

scottls1,

At the moment it's necessary to choose and select the process if you want to exclude it from the behavior blocker.

If you select a folder only, the behavior blocker will still check the process behavior from processes inside that folder.