Sign in to follow this  
laudel

Does Emsisoft Anti-Malware offer complete protection?

Just read the artcle about the difference between anti-virus and anti-malware sotware and would like to know if the Emsisoft Anti-Malware package offers a complete solution which would enable me to discontinue using my current anti-virus program, Zone Alarm Security Suite.

EAM is a great anti-virus/anti-malware package with the bonus of a behavior blocker and surf protection.

I'd have no reservations in using it as my sole anti-malware option.

As Siketa mentioned, you'd still want to add firewall protection to the mix and OA (free or paid) is an excellent option.

Thanks guys, I've already installed both EAM & OA but deactivated the latter due to incombatability issues with my existing Zone Alarm firewall. It's clear then that it's not necessary to run both EAM & ZA together. Just needed to hear it from the experts.

Just to clarify, the word 'malware' refers to "malicious software", which includes viruses, worms, spyware, trojans, rootkits, keyloggers, etc. Our developers are researchers take the definition of 'malware' literally, and they make sure that Emsisoft Anti-Malware covers all of these areas and more. ;)

Thanks guys, I've already installed both EAM & OA but deactivated the latter due to incombatability issues with my existing Zone Alarm firewall. It's clear then that it's not necessary to run both EAM & ZA together. Just needed to hear it from the experts.

I'm no expert, laudel, but if it were me I'd get rid of Zone Alarm's firewall and keep online armor. (Remember only one.)

OA is a much better choice imho.

I wouldn't feel right if I didn't share that with you (and I have no connection to either company).