How to block www-15-01-ash4.facebook.com

Lode

Hi!

I see that my laptop makes contact with Facebook. I've no Facebook account, and the only reason I see for this might be that a friend of mine has added me to her Facebook friends list, which she confessed she had. Although even then I don't understand why this is happening.

Anyway, how can I block this?

Not that I have anything to hide or am paranoid. I just don't like this possible spying out of principle. Especially not after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=facebook+cia+&oq=facebook+cia+&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=13873l14946l0l17914l7l7l0l0l0l0l91l580l7l7l0

Literally hundreds of sites other than Facebook itself will initiate connections with Facebook domains. Sites integrate social media like Facebook into their pages ("Like" buttons etc). It's far less common these days to find a site that doesn't do this than one that does.

As far as blocking them, unless someone hosts a list of every domain or IP address that Facebook owns, it would be kind of hard to achieve this.

Thank you both. My friend had added me to her contacts -or friends, I don't know the term- in her Facebook account by filling in my email address. But then she deleted it. This was months ago. I did get an email from FB, but kindly refused the offer to become a member too.

Yet I agree that can hardly have been the reason for my laptop contacting FB.

So maybe as suggested I was connected to a website with a FB link at those moments I saw those connections in OA. I don't remember.

But I remembered I had blocked it before in OA, and never saw it again. Until I lost that blocking after re-installing OA recently. Yet it just came to me how I did it the previous time -if I remember well: I added www.*facebook.com to Do mains in OA and blocked it. I'll see what happens and report back here.

PS:

catprincess, you gave me that advice I just remembered:

"Alternatively, you can also use the Domain's list to block domain names which may be easier. You could for example enter *.facebook.com to block all such domains. There are some programs that interfere with the Domain's list block feature though; I believe the Chrome browser prevents it from working and also Trusteer Rapport so you may want to check it out on a test site first."

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/5104-how-to-block-connecting-to-an-unwanted-ip/page__hl__facebook__fromsearch__1

Thanks again!