Sign in to follow this  
malik4477

Firefox Plug-in Container

Zippy question here. What rule can I set for the Firefox plug-in-container? Is it safe to place it in Trusted or RunSafer? I am using FDM (freedownload manager), if I set that container to RunSafer will it affect FDM?

Thank you!

I'll take this opportunity to ask another related question (however, let me now if I have to start a new thread).

If we set Firefox to runsafer, should we do the same also for the plug-in-container or that's not necessary (as the the plug-in-container will eventually run as runsafer once invoked by the FF process?

Thanks in advance

What rule can I set for the Firefox plug-in-container? Is it safe to place it in Trusted or RunSafer?

The Firefox plugin container should already be Trusted by default. I guess you could set it to RunSafer on it's own, but it would provide greater protection if you set Firefox as RunSafer. If you already have Firefox set to RunSafer, the plugin container (and any other process started by Firefox) would automatically RunSafer as a result.

I am using FDM (freedownload manager), if I set that container to RunSafer will it affect FDM?

The plugin-container.exe process isn't related to downloads. Plugins are just loaded into the plugin-container.exe so that if a plugin crashes it doesn't take down Firefox with it.

Thank you for the reply and explanation catprincess. As of the moment I did place it in RunSafer. Right now I am having trouble with OA eating up my resources. My pc is literally crawling. I think I'll save the config and perform a re-install.