Anti-Malware freezes computer on install

I am trying a re-install of EAM on my win7-64 computer. The install process always freezes on one of the sig files. I tried the latest version and one from October, and they both freeze on sig files, but the files are different in each (20120131.sig for new version, 30000207.sig for the October one). Since I uninstalled it with the revo uninstaller, I ran the emsiclean tool, and it says there are no traces of emsisoft or mamutu on the system. I've tried to install about 10 times now, and every time it freezes the computer and I have to do a hard reset. I also paused protection on Kaspersky, but that didn't help. Task Manager still runs after the freeze for a while, and I see two processes, one the emsisoft setup which I can kill, the other an emsisoft temp *32 which can't be killed. In the program window it has two setup icons, and neither will respond to an end application command. Thanks in advance for any help.

Okay, I finally got it to install. It was the wierdest thing I have ever seen. I went searching my computer for an older copy, thinking maybe I had an incompatible version, and found out I had many, many copies of EAW on my computer. I mean 50-100 different emsisoft directory folders, taking up several hundred gigabytes of space(!). I have no idea how that could have possible happened, but I deleted every single copy and now it installs. Too bizarre for words.

Dear jirving,

Thank you for using our support forum.

Please excuse the circumstances.

I have no idea right now how this could have happened - sounds like a really strange problem to me.

Although I am happy to hear you managed to get rid of this problem.

If you should encounter further problems, please feel free to ask here again.

Thanks for sharing your experience!