blinkmx

running alongside other antimalware programs

hi i want to know if its ok for me to run emsisoft antimalware with realtime protection alongside nod32 and malwarebytes that are in realtime... will it cause a slow down on my system or problems?? currently i'm running the free version of emsisoft with just the scanner because i heard it had a good detection i used it has a third opinion but i was wondering if running the 3 programs in realtime will cause any problems or slow downs??? what will you recomend for me to do..

Yes, you can use Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM) together with other antivirus-programs.

Personally i´ve been using EAM together with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) and Avira / Avast for years.

But for best performande it´s a good idea to use "mutual exclusions", (tell each program to ignore the others).

• Upvote 1

But there is no need to use other anti-malware programs alongside EAM - it has all the features you need to protect your PC.

yes, that is correct.

but, blinkmx didn´t ask if he also needed another antivirus-program, he asked if it was possible to use other antivirus-programs together with EAM.....

But there is no need to use other anti-malware programs alongside EAM - it has all the features you need to protect your PC.

It has no firewall. ;)

It has no firewall. ;)

True ;)

yes, that is correct.

but, blinkmx didn´t ask if he also needed another antivirus-program, he asked if it was possible to use other antivirus-programs together with EAM.....

He also asked for recomendation...

Ditto on hackerman1.

"Wanting is the root of all needing stuff" - Bob Truman

I do believe EAM is the best-there-is and your "all the features you need" evangelicalism is admirable and correct to an extent within a superb "install it and forget it" construct.

But for those who want "all the features we want" there is Emsisoft's Online Armor Premium with firewall, HIPS, Banking Mode, RunSafer and so much more. They do have a reason for selling that. Free is A-OK but Premium is a security tweaker's dream come true.

I run Malwarebytes Pro for its IP filtering and critically acclaimed Shuriken heuristics engine.

And Zemana Anti-Logger for its Anti-SSL Logger technology and their IntelliGuard Cloud system which, if I am not mistaken, is built on SurfRight services.

I've been running MBAM and ZAL for about three years and with EAM and OAP since about October, 2011.

All that said, if I were forced to pick just one... EAM, of course.

Cheers.

Guest MousePad

There is no firewall in EAM.

EAM internet security pack son.

see

it

get

it

win

EAM internet security pack son.

see

it

get

it

win

NO.

There is NO firewall in Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM).

Emsisoft Internet Security Pack is another product...

Emsisoft Internet Security Pack = EAM + Online Armor (OA).

Guest MousePad

NO.

There is NO firewall in Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM).

Emsisoft Internet Security Pack is another product...

Emsisoft Internet Security Pack = EAM + Online Armor (OA).

doesn't matter

get pack then :/

doesn't matter

get pack then :/

There is NO discussion regarding what to get....

You said there is a firewall in EAM....

Yes it does foo.

And you are wrong, which i told you above.....

There is NO firewall in EAM.

I believe the original posters question was answered in March. No need for this thread to have been resurrected really.

Thread closed