Sign in to follow this  
lebei

Firewall only

Hi. How to use Online Armor as firewall only? I turned off all modules (Web Shield, Program Guard and Anti-Keylogger) and kept active firewall only. But there are still notifications when I run unknown applications which want to modify registry. Is it normal? All I need is firewall (and notifications about network issues) nothing else. How to turn off messages about everything except network issues? For me - I love all OA modules but my relatives are not very keen on computers so I don't want to make them angry about unknown messages.

Can you post a screenshot of one of these popups? Or paste the relevent entry from OA's history here?

It's a little too hard at the moment. I just reinstalled my OS and all data is gone.

I remember that were messages about registry modify attempts when I installed for example various Adobe Flash Player versions. It was strange that appeared this kind of messages with deactivated Web Shield, Program Guard and Anti-Keylogger modules (Firewall was active).

You should only see popups related to registry changes if you were working in Advanced Mode and had Registry Shield enabled (under Files and Registry -> Options). Unfortunately without seeing a history entry or popup, it's hard to determine what might have been going on.